DESCRIPTION CHANGEShI does anyone think this is right........I listed a cabinet saying it had lighti

hI does anyone think this is right........I listed a cabinet saying it had lighting when the bidding closed and the buyer was coming to collect the next day i realized it did not have lighting so i messaged him the night prior to pickup, he thanked me saying i should relist, so i did, because of a policy i cannot change the description now for second chance offer to read correctly, we are not allowed to change the description 12 hours prior. Surely it is important even up to the last bid to get the description right for the purchaser, there should be an alert section to alert buyers of a last minute change. 

Now it is relisted with the incorrect desciription and i cannot change it wihtou closing the listing applying to close it, applying for a listing fee refund etc etc. 

This is crazy

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

DESCRIPTION CHANGEShI does anyone think this is right........I listed a cabinet saying it had lighti

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

A second chance offer has to be for the exact same item, not an item with a changed description or title.

You should have changed anything that was necessary before you relisted....any you do not relist before offering the SCO.

Try reading the Help sections on selling and the Site Map.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

You should be cancelling the transaction before relisting.If the buyer changes their mind for some reason & you have it relisted then you may have a problem.

The seller is responsible for details in the listing.Make sure all details are correct.

Edit the listing.

You do things half a$$ed & don't pay attention to detail,then the problems you have are of your own making.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

As you have relisted it as opposed to offering as a second chance offer, you CAN revise it to change the error. At the very right of the listing on your selling page, click the drop down, then click revise. Make any changes you need to and then click revise down the bottom of the page.

You should also ask the original buyer if he will accept a cancellation request so you get your fees back from the sale that fell through. If he doesn't respond to the request, I think eBay automatically closes it after so long and you get your fees, but if he declines it, you lose your fees. There is no reason why he wouldn't accept it if you ask first.

Also be aware, that it's possible that each of your items could sell with only 1 bid. Are you happy to sell them for 99c?

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

@2014deewill wrote:

hI does anyone think this is right........I listed a cabinet saying it had lighting when the bidding closed and the buyer was coming to collect the next day i realized it did not have lighting so i messaged him the night prior to pickup, he thanked me saying i should relist, so i did, because of a policy i cannot change the description now for second chance offer to read correctly, we are not allowed to change the description 12 hours prior. Surely it is important even up to the last bid to get the description right for the purchaser, there should be an alert section to alert buyers of a last minute change. 

Now it is relisted with the incorrect desciription and i cannot change it wihtou closing the listing applying to close it, applying for a listing fee refund etc etc. 

This is crazy

Apart from the answers from the other posters I have only one thing to add.

I find it astounding that you listed an item which you "paid 850 to have it made",photographed it & listed it without being aware if it had lighting or not.

I'm sure your wish to cancel the sale had nothing to do with the sale price of $76.00.........hmmmm.?

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

You can change the description less than 12 hours out, but only if there are no bids. It won't change the actual description, it will put a note at the bottom of the listing. Whether buyers see that is another story.

You definitely need to read up on the aspects of selling, for your own benefit. You can also learn a heck of a lot from this forum.  Everyone is here to help, so any questions you may have, start a new post and ask away. It's the best way to learn. It can also stop you making mistakes that could cost you.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Excellent point tuckcase.

The O.P sold this last at $76

She sold it earlier this month for $46.06

Seems the price wasn't right.

The O.P knows how to edit,as several of her listings from earlier this month had revisions.

She said there was a problem with the listing being the reason she did not sell to the last buyer but chose to relist & not revise it.

No wonder some buyers complain about sellers cancelling sales.

If O.P wants more $ he/she should have a higher start price.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Ooooo, I can see.......a couch selling for $1 and

a dining set selling for 99c.........ooooooo....

and someone reporting a seller for dodgy practices.................

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

LOLZ nah not me,I'm no snitch & anyhoo it amuses me more to watch it & see how many times it sells before some annoyed buyer leaves a neg.Or posts on the buying board about a seller who won't sell/false advertising or whatnot.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

The same laptop has been sold twice too. It will be interesting to see whether it gets relisted a 3rd time. Either she keeps backing out of sales due to not getting a high enough price, or she's one of the most unluckiest sellers on eBay.

A few people picked up some clothing bargains too at a mere 99c.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply