DRIVERS LICENCE REQIREMENT

bakerrj
Community Member

So, Ebay wanted my drivers licence details. Who in their right mind would provide  those details  given all the hacks.   Probably have to find  different site to sell my Wyndham timeshare 

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

It is not their choice. The Government now requires them to ask sellers to verify their ID and bank details before selling.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I'd say so

Given Managed Payments came in three years ago, and eBay is/was among the last to require it

As they are required to

Same rules for all sellers

As is the 30 day hold on funds, which I am guessing you would also object to

And eBay do not read here

So

Good luck, I'm sure you will find a buyer on a site somewhere 

Be aware and be careful of scammers though

It's not just hacks you need to be worried about when selling online

Especially scammer magnets like that timeshare

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Yep,  Thats the law,  dont comply / dont sell, it really is that simple.

No one here or at ebay, care  if you comply / sell, or not.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I don't know if Ebay is the right platform for selling timeshare - too  many scammers out there.

Anyway, you'll definitely need to be verified via either passport or DL, plus bank account. Since you're in an infrequent/new seller, your funds will be on hold for up to 30 days.

Don't you have to offer the original company the first right of refusal? I'm sure there are a lot of legal hoops to jump through - maybe work with a site that can guide you in terms of escrow/title etc otherwise you're pretty much on your own.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

I don't know if Ebay is the right platform for selling timeshare - too  many scammers out there.

Who in their right mind would buy a timeshare on ebay?

Maybe a person who has bought gold?

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Advertising? 

Certainly an odd thing to post on a member forum they guess they will have to sell elsewhere 

Last thing in the world I'd be buying from eBay (and an inexperienced seller with no idea of selling basics at that)

Scammer's dream though most certainly 

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

you would be surprised.

Time-share can be very hard to offload.  It depends on what the annual fees are, the length of time left on the time-share, the rules for the time-share corporation AND the original time-share agreement.

There are some benefits in buying in cheaply on a time-share in a not-so-great location.  The ability to bank your weeks and trade weeks for another time-share location, including overseas locations.

Because buying time-share is a 'property' transaction it is prudent to get all the original documents related to the time-share AND get legal advice, just as you would if you were buying land.

**Disclaimer**

My post here should not be taken as me proffering legal advice or property purchase advice.  Although I have never bought in to a time-share, I do have a reasonable understanding of the pros & cons through family connections.  Saying more would not be in my best interests so don't ask for more information.  The old adage "buyer beware" is short, simple advice that should be followed.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

"Who in their right mind would buy a timeshare on ebay?"

Fixed it for you

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply