DSRs contradicted by feedback

cq_tech
Community Member

I sold an item last July for which the buyer left me positive feedback which stated "fast delivery item pretty much as described" then promptly hit me with a 3 for item description, which of course is a defect. In my opinion, doing so directly contradicts the feedback he left. At the time, I blocked him and left a reply to his feedback which named him and warned other sellers to be wary but now I am wondering if it's worth contacting CS with a view to having that defect removed because of that contradiciton.

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: DSRs contradicted by feedback

I just had a fight with ebay about this 2 weeks ago, buyer left 1 stars with a positive feedback. I had all 5 stars before this.  Here's the messages. What I found funny is they remove the defect for postage time but the stars don't change, I would have thought one reflects the other, but apperently not. I did name her on her feedback and have since blocked her. 

Item number 261659563285, bought on a Saturday afternoon 22/11/14. I posted it Monday, our post office does not open Saturday afternoons or Sundays. I charged exact post office charge. I uploaded tracking number as soon as it was posted. She left a positive feedback saying she was happy, then I see my 5 stars along with my 0% defect rate have all gone down the chute. She has trashed my dsr's, left 2 for Item as described, and 1's for the rest. I was under the impression as long as I posted within 24 hours of receiving payment during business days postage stars could not be touched. I have followed every rule and protocol and wouldn't her feedback be a false/negative? No contact stating there was a problem, saying she was happy and then trashing every star, seems farcical. Would appreciate you having a look and seeing if they can be removed under the seller protection program.

Hi Joanne, Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Support about the defect that you want to be removed. Let me help you with this. I have check into the item and also to the defect that the buyer left into your account, I can see that the buyer left for item as described and for the shipping time of the item. The only defect that I removed was only for the shipping time because as I Look into the account I can see that the item was delivered within the expected delivery time. For the item as described we rarely remove this defect because it is the buyers prospective to do so since we donโ€™t have the item here with us to proof that the item was as described since it is the buyers prospective will take into their words and leave the defect as is. Looking at the feedback left by the buyer it is neither false nor negative, a Iโ€™ve said it is the buyerโ€™s choice on what to leave into your account that indicates her buying experience. Looking into your account I can see here that you are a good seller, rest assured that this will not affect any of your selling activities here on eBay. Thank you for choosing eBay. Have a great day. Sincerely, Louise M.eBay AU Customer Support

Hi Louise, her feedback she left was "Happy with the transaction". I would call that a positive and that she was happy with the item. She left all low stars for no reason as you can see. Why dosent this fall under seller protection, or is that non existent now?

Hi Joanne, Thank you for getting back to us. I understand your point to this matter Joanne, but we really canโ€™t force the buyer if leave a low ratings regarding to their buying experience. I understand it is important for you to have a good standing in your account however we canโ€™t please everybody because itโ€™s the buyerโ€™s preference if they are not satisfied with the transaction. As said earlier I already remove the defect for the shipping time for it contradicts the estimated delivery time for this item, however the item as describe is not removable because its their opinion for the item. As much as I wanted to help you with this one Joanne but we canโ€™t really change the opinion of the buyer unless if its within our control. Thank you for choosing eBay. Have a great day.

So seller protection does not exist anymore? She left 1 stars for everything and as you can see NONE were warranted while saying in feedback she was Happy, if this doesnt fall under seller protection what does?

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Seller protection does exist for case to case basis. Just like when I remove the defect that the buyer gave you for the low shipping time which contradicts the given time of the delivery. We also remove feedback if the feedback falls under our criteria for removal.

We are doing our best to make this site as fair trade for buyers and for sellers as well. You donโ€™t have to worry about this because I can see here that youโ€™ve been a good seller and you donโ€™t have problems with your previous transactions and I can assure you this will not affect your performance and your activities as well.

Thank you for choosing eBay. Have a great day.

After that I gave up

Message 41 of 42
Latest reply

Re: DSRs contradicted by feedback

Even the staff at Ebay dont know all the rules, while back had a unfair neg from a buyer, emailed Ebay to have it removed no reply and nothing happened, so sent asecond email and the feedback was removed within minutes, so was happy with that, then a couple of days later got a email from my first appeal, stating that was the buyers overall conception of the transaction and therefore the neg wont be removed, guess what little did they know the second customer service person had allready removed it, case of the Left hand does not know what the Right hand is doing, so who is captaining this ship anyway ?

Message 42 of 42
Latest reply