Defect for Item not Received?

I recently had my first advice through Ebay from a buyer who advised the item was not received by her.

As this was s small item, it was not sent as registered post. I do this to save money for the buyer and have never had a problem before

After the Item was initiated through Ebay. I immediatly contacted the buyer and advised I would send a replacment item by Registered post the folowing day.

The Buyer received the item a couple of days later and gave great feedback.. and the case was closed by the buyer saying she had received item within the time frame requested by Ebay.

I have now been issues with a defect?????    WHY????

Could somebody please let me know as an ebay customer service officer had advised me by telephone that i would not get a defect as long as the case was closed by the due date and the case did not get escalated with Ebay.

Is this just a matter of me ringing ebay and advising them of their error in issuing the Defect?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

saarzi
Community Member

Sometimes with things like this you get an auto-defect for the "item not received" which is then removed the following week after the issue is fixed (buyer clicks the "item received" dropdown choice to close the case).   Its happened to me a few times.

If not, call CS, they should remove it, as along as the buyer has stated in email (so Ebay can see), that the item was actually received on time, or they did in fact chose the right drop down.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I had the similar thing happen. Although the defect still appears when I look at the DSRs however eBay said they have removed it.....hmmm don't know whether theyre telling porkies or not. If I can see it I would assume it is still counted as a defect!

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Sellers can get defects for an item not received case, if the item was not sent with tracking (no proof of delivery), even if the seller refunds or sends replacement, the defect still applies.

Doesn't apply to the opening post, there is also a limit to the number of cases 'closed without seller resolution' before account restrictions can apply.

. Requests and cases can affect your seller performance

• An open request is counted as a defect (remember you can only receive one defect per transaction)

• If the buyer closes the request (or it closes automatically), the defect will remain.

• If eBay is asked to step in and help, and the case is found in your favour, or found to be neither the fault of the buyer or seller, the defect may be removed.
    • If eBay finds the seller responsible, the defect will remain and the case will also be counted as 'closed without seller resolution'.

To meet the minimum standards to sell on eBay.com.au, your transactions over the most recent evaluation period must meet these requirements:

Minimum performance standards on eBay.com.auTop Rated Seller
All sellers
Maximum defect rate
(Percentage of successful transactions with one or more of the defects listed above.)
2%
from at least 5 different buyers
5%
from at least 8 different buyers
Closed cases without seller resolution
(Cases where the buyer asked eBay or PayPal to review the case and the seller was found responsible.)
2 (or 0.3% of transactions)2 (or 0.3% of transactions)

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply