Detailed seller rating report

I don't normally run a seller report, but did one today out of curiosity - I think I set the parameter for around the last 60 days.

I noticed that someone left me 2 stars for "Item as Described"

Is there any way to see which item/transaction that rating was for?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Detailed seller rating report

Sounds like you've got it sussed, but just in case you haven't, here it is....

First off, you need to find 10 feedbacks where you KNOW you got 5 stars for each feedback left in the current reporting period. If your listings are public, then you can find the items numbers under each feedback, if not, go into your deleted sold items and get the item numbers from there. It helps if you have 2 tabs open for this.

In the Detailed Seller Rating Report link, click Create Report, then change the dropdown to Item Numbers. Give the report a name (just use numbers e.g 1) and in the bottom box, put in those 10 item numbers separated by a comma. Then click run report. After a minute or so, refresh the page by clicking the refresh button. Using the F5 button to refresh doesn't always work with this page. Keep refreshing. When the report is ready to read, it will change to highlighted blue and say completed. If it says 'no report', it means that one of the numbers you put in didn't have a star rating attached to it, so you'll need to start again.

When you open the report, it will hopefully say that all those have 5.0 star rating. If they do, close the report. Next to the report link that you just opened, click the dropdown at the right and then 'run similar'. Remove the last number and insert the next item number you want to check. Give the report a new name, e.g. The buyers username, then run it. If they don't all show as 5.0, then someone didn't leave 5, so you have to start again.

If you keep doing this, you can eventually find out which buyer gave you which star rating and for what. It's a long drawn out process, but once you've checked all the numbers you can, you can then easily check any new feedback you receive as it comes in. BY just changing the last number, you know that if the report changes to less than 5.0, it was that transaction that did it.

You can delete all the reports once you've checked them, but I always keep one report there with 10 5 star ratings, so when I want to check the next lot of feedback, I have the 10 5 star numbers at the ready, and I will 'run similar' off that good report.

Those numbers will expire after about 12 months, so you'll need to find 10 new ones. If you've kept checked reports, you can easily find 10 new good ones.

There is a limit of around 10 reports that can be generated each day.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Well, I finally found the buyer who left the low stars.

Weird thing is that it's completely at odds to her feedback of the transaction - she came across very happy.

If she though everything was so poor, why not leave a neutral (or worse)? I  mean, she left 2 stars for "item as described", postage time" as well as "postage handling charges".

I really don't understand some buyers.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice on how to locate pinpoint the transaction.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

@cushioncovers wrote:

Well, I finally found the buyer who left the low stars.

Weird thing is that it's completely at odds to her feedback of the transaction - she came across very happy.

If she though everything was so poor, why not leave a neutral (or worse)? I  mean, she left 2 stars for "item as described", postage time" as well as "postage handling charges".

I really don't understand some buyers.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice on how to locate pinpoint the transaction.

Oh yes . . . in my experience, their low stars are almost always accompanied by a glowing feedback remark. They have to try to throw you off, you see. Such is the nature of the passive aggressive buyer.

Stars need to go. What's the point of letting a buyer evaluate one transaction twice? If the stars match the feedback remark then they're superfluous, and if they contradict the feedback remark then that undermines the whole system.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Despite it saying otherwise, some buyers still think DSR's are anonymous. If they give you glowing feedback they think you won't suspect them. Some also may know that sellers used to get defects for low stars, and assume they still do. Like the first group, they think you won't know.

Some have suggested that app users can accidentally leave low stars. I have no idea how. The last couple of feedback I left was on the app and there was no mistaking 1 star from 5. I can see how identical feedback can be left because the text box is prefilled with the last feedback comment, but you have to manually enter the stars.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply