Direct action required by sellers.

Looks like a time for some direct action by Sellers.

I suggest sellers continue with the excellent service of posting within 1 day of payment but change their delivery time to something much longer , say 7 days. This will increase the estimated delivery time and help avoid the absolutely unreasonable and ridiculous defect for INR.

Join up - do it now.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Most of us sellers already changed our handling times to 3 or 5 days. It was to change the estimated delivery date but it won't stop an item not received case being opened.
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I'm wondering what the effect will be when Aust Post start charging extra for the privilege of our Large Letters taking 3 days longer.

Will Ebay change their stupid Estimated Delivery Times??????

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

I'm guessing not Hamsy we will just have to increase the handling time even further LOL
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

@hamsy3 wrote:

I'm wondering what the effect will be when Aust Post start charging extra for the privilege of our Large Letters taking 3 days longer.

Will Ebay change their stupid Estimated Delivery Times??????

I'm also wondering what effect paying extra will actually have - because it is going to mean more sorting at the handling centres ???

(Which would presumably create more delays)

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

I can see the whole thing turning into an absolute fiasco in the AP sorting centres.

What are they planning to do, deliver some on one day and leave a pile just sitting there to be delivered on another?

The snail mail service will probably get way out of hand as more and more builds up as a backlog in the system.

This is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard of but then what do you expect from a logistics business run by bankers!

(a minimum of 70% of AP's executive board are ex-NAB mates of Fahour)

So eBay will, I suppose, give us yet another option for postage?

For letters that would now be 3:

1. Express

2. Priority

3. Regular

They can't get the delivery times right for one service let alone 3 lol.

And if we change our handling times upward that pretty much cancels out any benefit gained from the first 2 services.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

I can see the whole thing turning into an absolute fiasco in the AP sorting centres.

We have had a two tier service in the UK for a long, long time and there was no fiasco at the sorting centres as the stamps all contain a code which is machine read and mail directed to the correct place for the stamp value.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

That may work well in the U.K., but this is Australia we're talking about.

Postage times are slow enough now without anyone fiddling with them.  As said on another thread - purchased Monday, posted Tuesday, delivered Friday.  This was an across Melbourne metro delivery.  35 minutes drive.  4 days to get (I did say 3 on the other thread, and cats had a very similar situation)

@ stampingpaws - while I agree in principle with what you are saying about extending your postage time to 7 days (to avoid INR's), as a sometimes buyer, I have found that the estimated delivery time assessed by eBay has actually put me off from making a purchase from a particular seller.  I have no doubt that the seller(s) would post within 1 day, but from a buyer's perspective, if an estimated delivery time is 7-10 days (or more if you increase to 7 days postage time), then there is a double-think about whether you make that purchase.  I know I could contact the seller to find out what is his/her REAL handling time, but I wonder how many would actually bother to do so - or just do as I have previously done, and move on to another seller.

It could end up being a 'cutting off nose....' exercise to increase handling times.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Now that buyers can claim INR at the end of estimated delivery period and with Auspost having huge troubles with sorting machines not to mention the almost weekly truck fire. I think it is very prudent to extend the estimated delivery time by increasing the handling time to as long as you think fit.

As a sometime buyer - I buy using these requirements in this order. Is it what I want, Can I afford it. Do I want BIN or go through the auction process. Is the postage cost acceptable (US35.00 for a single stamp is out of the ball park). Is the feed back not too bad. Only after all these are met would I consider how long it will take to get to me. Naturally, there are exceptions but these are rare.

I sell Stamp Albums as PDF files on CD which I post to buyers as untracked large letters. So far I've had 2 defects for INR even though I replaced the item immediately by sending the PDF file attached to the PayPal email.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply