Direct action required by sellers.

Looks like a time for some direct action by Sellers.

I suggest sellers continue with the excellent service of posting within 1 day of payment but change their delivery time to something much longer , say 7 days. This will increase the estimated delivery time and help avoid the absolutely unreasonable and ridiculous defect for INR.

Join up - do it now.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Or just set it to free postage and put the cost into the item itself. Until eBay decides to defect you for that too; I wouldn't put it past them to give you (the seller) a defect on free local pickup because someone else decides to wait until 9PM Friday night to pick up the item they bought last Sunday!

As for large letters, good thing you can hit "Mark as Sent" before going to the post office. I'm sure eBay and Australia Post would love to ban large letters entirely and force you to pay $7.45 and beyond just to say they have tracking on everything. And it will still take 3-5 days and not be sent on the weekend and public holidays and every other day they randomly decide to take off!
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

Come in spinner...  😉

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Good point about large letters heihachi, I tend to agree with you.

Just back to handling time- it's a sensible idea to substantially increase it in the listings whilst still posting same/next day, to plump out ebay's stupid estimated delivery. As a non-store I can't seem to increase it beyond 3 days though- are longer handling times a store privilege?

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

@elusiveeditions wrote:

Good point about large letters heihachi, I tend to agree with you.

Just back to handling time- it's a sensible idea to substantially increase it in the listings whilst still posting same/next day, to plump out ebay's stupid estimated delivery. As a non-store I can't seem to increase it beyond 3 days though- are longer handling times a store privilege?

No, non stores can have a longer handling time, but you need to switch over to the advanced listing tool. The quick listing tool has a maximum 3 day handling time. Click to edit an active listing and if there's not a link right up the top of the page, click the link to change the category. Up the top of that next screen should be a link to switch to advanced.

It will give you a big warning box, just ignore it and select switch/change. Next screen you will see a link to your listing highlighted in blue. Click on that and you'll enter the advanced listing tool. When you get to the postage section, you will find you can select a handling time up to 30 days.

Mine has been set at 5 days for months now to try and fatten out the estimate. I try and post same or next day, but sometimes it's 2 days. Even though my handling time is 5 days, I still get marked down on stars if I post on day 2.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Better make that 10 days handling time. Recently recieved a parcel from Melb. to Adelaide, took 14 days. Went via Perth!!!!

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply