Disheartened by false accusations made by buyer

cicigin
Community Member
I just joined eBay, am selling some preowned clothes I hardly wore. One buyer now asked for a full refund due to rips. I swear these were most definitely not there when I posted. I think she did this as she maybe had a change of mind when arrived. I see on her feedback she has been accused of selling dirty smoked out clothes with rips so I'm wondering wth!! Not fair as $127 is on hold. I had to agree to return, she won't accept anything else. I'm new to this I don't know what to do. I put track no#s on ppal as soon as I'm out of the post. I fine tooth comb the items. If defected I'll say. I'm so upset this can happen with no protection to me.
Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

ALWAYS take more photos than you post....that is your proof....ask the buyer to send photos of 'rips'....then you can compare
Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

cicigin
Community Member
Yes I will, she uploaded three rips I know was not there. Why do they do this, what a waste of time. Must be she wasn't keen on the top in the end perhaps. I've accepted the return and will be a lot more educated before I sell again. Sucks for sellers so much I just can't believe there's such high protection for buyers. Oh well, learning!
Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

It's certainly not the start on ebay you want.

Have you checked her feedback left for other sellers, is there anything to indicate she does this often?

I can't see her full ID but I gather she has a few negs as her feedback score is 99%

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

cicigin
Community Member
Yes! Accused for selling a smoky jacket with a tissue inside! And tears. It's a shame but I can see this being so drawn out potentiallly if I didn't refund. I've accepted to refund once it's returned but no reply as yet.
Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

no, her feedback left for other sellers. Are there comments suggesting she has received refunds etc.

I sent you a private message scroll to the top and click on messages

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

If she also sells I am at a loss to understand why she would rip it and return as she could just have sold it on in good condition, how did you package it? Could it possibly have been damaged in the post? That can easily happen if clothing is posted in ordinary envelopes without strong internal protection.

If that couldn't be what happened then when you get it back you could tell ebay that the item has not been returned to you in the condition it was sent in and so you want to send it back to her with no refund. Probably won't do any good but meanwhile I would be emailing the buyer direct informing her that if she does not withdraw her claim you will report her to the police for fraud as you are quite prepared to go to court and swear on oath that it was sent in good condition and had been deliberately damaged.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

cicigin
Community Member
Exactly what I thought could be the case post maybe, did pack well though. It's silk though so easy to rip. Perhaps it just didn't suit her or wasn't right and it's a total change of mind and she feels that by tearing it she can get a refund. So annoyed I'll def not sell on eBay again after this.
Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

another thought....you may not get the SAME item back
Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

Exactly what I thought could be the case post maybe, did pack well though. It's silk though so easy to rip. Perhaps it just didn't suit her or wasn't right and it's a total change of mind and she feels that by tearing it she can get a refund. So annoyed I'll def not sell on eBay again after this.-  cicigin

---------------------

Here are some of my first thoughts.

First off, if you do change your mind and decide to sell a few more things on ebay, you couldn't go past reading these boards for a while to discover the ins and outs of things. You'll pick up lots of tips.

You might even be as well off selling pick up only-it limits the selling audience but ensures if they do pick up & pay and go away, they don't have a lot of come back with claiming the item was not as described.

Now about your item. Yes, if you're selling take lots of photos. We got caught a while back by someone claiming a vintage item wasn't as new & was 'damaged'.  We ended up refunding part of the price, which i think is what she wanted in the first place as she kicked up about the postage cost to NZ despite it being to the cent what the PO charged us. I still don't think there was any damage though.

My feeling with your buyer is she may have ripped it a bit trying it on or else she herself has had hassles selling damaged clothing and had to refund in the past, so she has decided that going along the path of claiming damage will get her own money back this time.

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply