Do I or don't I , affect another sellers dsr's?

I am a seller, and obviousy l know the pain of a defect, so usually don't leave feedback at all if I have a fairly poor buying experience, realising that for that seller, with usually good feedback, I may have been a one off etc..

however, I find myself unusually annoyed.

I bought a very expensive pair of walking shoes last Monday, $80 and $13 + post... I get a message that night saying they will be posted next day and tracking info uploaded. I and seller both in Sydney. Come friday, still no tracking number and no parcel, email again... finally yesterday afternoon, am contacted with a tracking number, and apologies that my email was missed as seller was away over weekend,  and the line "sometimes the things closest to us take the longest to arrive!, t should come today"

So I check the tracking and it was not even given at the post office till 5pm Friday, so would have stayed there all weekend.

Tracking still in transit.

I am so **bleep**. Probably becuase of all the stress I put into getting things posted immediately!

But more so because of the deception. I am so tempted to leave a low rating for postage time...

What would other sellers do?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Do I or don't I , affect another sellers dsr's?

@lizzy6107 wrote:

Yes, that's a concern ... I didn't think of that.. the retaliation aspect. Hmmm.

Justs adds to the riciduculousness of the system.

Personally, the retaliation aspect has never occurred to me.  Perhaps I'm just blonde internally.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

@aps1080 wrote:

Fix

If you are going to do something and say you are going to do it on ebay as part of your business,

then do it or suffer the consequences, neg feedback, comment in feedback or lower DSR's.

BRAVO!  (and I am the first person to apply this principle to MYSELF as well as others)

*sigh*

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

@lizzy6107 wrote:

If the seller had not been deceptive, then it wouldn't have even been an issue.

Precisely - If the seller had said  "They may not get to the post until Friday" you would not have been expecting them.  If that were the case, this issue would not have arisen at all.

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

@lizzy6107 wrote:

I am so **bleep**. Probably becuase of all the stress I put into getting things posted immediately!

But more so because of the deception. I am so tempted to leave a low rating for postage time...

When it comes to the postage time DSR,

1 star rating = defect.

2 star rating, while still sub-par, = no defect.

So if it's just the idea of a defect you're wrestling with, you can still mark them low without causing one.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

I was under the impression that a 3 was a defect...

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

@lizzy6107 wrote:

I was under the impression that a 3 was a defect...

It is for description, but not for postage time.

It's 3 or lower on description to cause a defect,  1 for postage time, and no defect for communication or postage costs no matter what the DSR is rated.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/seller-non-performance.html#defect

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

Talking of postage costs.

Why do you ebay sellers not use the postage paid stamp and an account with Austpost ?
No postage cost is shown on the package and you have 30+ Days to pay the account.
Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

@aps1080 wrote:

Why do you ebay sellers not use the postage paid stamp and an account with Austpost ?
No postage cost is shown on the package and you have 30+ Days to pay the account.

The bit I bolded is one of the reasons I don't. I avoid credit wherever possible, and pay my eBay bill every time it gets to a certain amount, (at the moment, this means I'm making a one-off payment every 2-3 days Smiley LOL and yes, I do often pay more than the current amount due 😛 ).

Can I handle credit? Probably, but maybe not, sometimes definitely not. Smiley Embarassed If my business tanks, or something happens to me, the less business debt I have to worry about the better, and if I can steer clear of as much temptation to go "I'll just get this now and pay that later", I will. 

Must admit, though, I kinda like the idea of a stamping device over stickers. 

Licking or peeling seems a bit like this...

zig zag edges all the way

Then when I see this lil' guy...

banned

I'm struck by how quick, decisive and authorative he is, there's reverb and everything, so the idea of banging a stamp is appealing... (even if it doesn't quite give me the same power trip as he gets. Maybe I should start with "payment overdue" one, in nice bright red). 

Spoiler
My excuse, should one be necessary, is that it has been a looooonngg day. 
Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

The OP is talking about being lied to NOT just slow postage.

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

What handling time did they have in the listing? If they didn't post/lodge the parcel within that timeframe, they should expect some repercussions.

I live in a town 1.5hrs south of Sydney. Mail is picked up from the PO at 5pm, sorted in Sydney overnight and ready to go out on the road for delivery around 5-6am. Mail I send gets delivered to Sydney addresses the day after posting.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply