Do those who work Ebay have any idea?

comcol
Community Member

Ebay incompotence as usual:

Some individual purchases an item which is dispatched within 4 hours via express registered post with tracking number!!

Buyer then proceeds to leave negative feedback and refuses to contact Aussie post to ask about delivery of item when it has been a week.

We all come across these type of buyers right....

Call Ebay to have feedback removed as it is against policies of course and what happens? Get yet another employee of theirs who does not even know Ebay policies and refuses to put me onto a supervisor when asked. This employee then proceeds to blame me for the slow delivery!!. Didn't know I own Aussie post now....lol

Why is it that we, the users, always seem to know more about Ebay then the employees. Even when they are wrong they refuse to accept it. And Ebay wonders why just about every user hates the site.....oh, if only there was competition..would be there in a heart beat.:)

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Do those who work Ebay have any idea?

if there was serious competition, I'd be there too
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Your follow up was a waste.

You should have stated "Posted 4 hrs after payment AP times not in your control" or something rather than calling the buyer an idiot.

The feedback should have been factual not making you look like the idiot.

Others reading the feedback have no idea how long ago it was purchased, paid for and posted.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Did you think so?

I am usually a buyer rather than a seller and I understood his message easily.

Okay, it is rude to call someone an idiot (and in this case, maybe inaccurate as the buyer's claim may be true too), but I got the point that the item was sent registered post within 4 hours of the sale, so that is fast.

So in that sense, I would have confidence that the seller was fast enough to post things out and would see by the feedback numbers that he is reliable.

My main concern would be that if it was sent registered post & express, why hasn't it arrived, as the buyer may be telling the truth there, so I would be puzzled as to what had happened.

Was there proof the person had signed for it?

Or proof it was delivered?

I guess my only concern would be the seller might not be helpful if things did go wrong, might brush me off.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Did you check the tracking to see when it arrived?Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

In response to your question

No

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

@2106greencat wrote:

In response to your question

No

I second that and third it tooSmiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

kudos.jpg

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Feebay customer officers have NO clue ................I agree totally!!

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I agree about the incompetence and have complained about it to ebay on many, many occasions but I know I am wasting my breath.

I think the error here is that we are mistaking ebay for some other company that actually cares.

If they think that their pretty, soothing 'ebayspeak' words do anything to mollify or 'subdue' us, they are bigger fools than we are for hanging around and still trading on ebay.

In fact, the lack of resources dedicated by ebay to customer service, which is evidenced every time we try to get any real help from them is really just another indication of how little they care.

You don't make money by caring, for goodness sake.

Isn't that one of the first rules of business !!??

Yes I'm bitter and twisted about my experience on ebay, and I do feel for others who have the same experience.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply