Do you think this situation is worth reporting to Ebay?

So, on the 11th of this month an Ebayer bought my item.

He messaged me and said the payment will be made within the hour.

Fast forward 2 days later, the payment was still not made, so I decided to message he/she back regarding if they were still interested in purchasing the item...no response.

So, I proceeded to cancel the order on the 14th, as SOON as I cancelled the order, the ebayer left me negative feedback along the lines of: "Didn't even wait for the weekend payment to go through. Wow." 

Now, if they replied to my messages in the first place, I would of known what was going on and wouldn't of done said things.

Argh..this annoys me beyond belief!!! 

I've reported this situation to Ebay..it's past the 48 period and they still haven't gotten back to me. ๐Ÿ˜• 

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Do you think this situation is worth reporting to Ebay?

Talking to ebay or paypal is like talking to your backside.There are experts caught in the streets.Some do not understand why

you are contacting them.

@auanimestore wrote:

So, on the 11th of this month an Ebayer bought my item.

He messaged me and said the payment will be made within the hour.

Fast forward 2 days later, the payment was still not made, so I decided to message he/she back regarding if they were still interested in purchasing the item...no response.

So, I proceeded to cancel the order on the 14th, as SOON as I cancelled the order, the ebayer left me negative feedback along the lines of: "Didn't even wait for the weekend payment to go through. Wow." 

Now, if they replied to my messages in the first place, I would of known what was going on and wouldn't of done said things.

Argh..this annoys me beyond belief!!! 

I've reported this situation to Ebay..it's past the 48 period and they still haven't gotten back to me. ๐Ÿ˜• 

Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:

@clarry100 wrote:

We have decided not to use this new cancellation process. Have had the same kind of problems as outlined in this thread.

We just go straight to UID after the 4th day.

Regardless if/not its an error on the part of a new buyer. The new cancellation process is too much stacked against the seller to even worry about using it.

The only risk I see in going this way is that the buyer may pay just to avoid the strike then get angry with us and leave a NEG. So far that has not happened to us tho.

Looks like I've finally got my first ever non-paying buyer Clarry and like you, I'm very loath to open a UID for the very same reason. I fear that he'll pay simply to avoid the strike then leave negative feedback in retaliation, and if that happens there's not a damn thing I can do about it. He "bought" the item very early on Saturday morning and I very clearly state on my listings that "payment is requested at the time of purchase, but must be received within 4 days in any case".

I sent him an invoice as a reminder on Tuesday morning but have still heard nothing from him, and the 4 days expire at 0700 on Wednesday morning. I suppose I always have the option of contacting him and asking if he'd like to cancel his purchase, but like you I find the process to be very heavily stacked against the seller and if he declines to agree, then eBay get to pocket the FVFs instead of crediting my account (which is quite clearly what they're hoping will happen).

By the same token, if I don't open a UID, I lose my FVF, but at least I don't run the risk of being hit with a neg (and quite possibly a defect for my trouble as well). We're only talking about an amount of $1.09 in FVF but is recovering such a petty amount worth the risk of copping a neg or even a defect? Doesn't sound like much, but multiply that by tens of thousand sellers who are afraid to recover their FVF for fear of being negged or defected and eBay stands to make a bloody fortune in fees which are legally not theirs to keep.

This is nothing more than a blatantly dishonest and extremely unethical ploy by eBay to frighten sellers into not claiming their FVFs so that eBay gets to keep them instead. The ba$tards at eBay have obviously thought long and hard about making their cancellation process as difficult and as one-sided as possible so that either way, the sellers ultimately lose and ebay gets to retain hundreds of thousands of dollars in illegally obtained FVFs. Seems that eBay have turned theft into an absolute artform.

I suppose it depends on whether you are selling for money or feedback. And a NPB can't leave feedback.

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

what about some seller protection from ebay,I have had a bad run of non payers recently
Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

davewil1964 wrote: I suppose it depends on whether you are selling for money or feedback. And a NPB can't leave feedback.

He certainly can if he pays before the UID expires, and this particular buyer's feedback for others indicates that he's not averse to leaving red dots at the drop of a hat. Where else but on eBay are decent and honest sellers punished for doing the right thing, while scumbag buyers are virtually untouchable and constantly get away with blue murder? The entire eBay management need to be put up against a wall and shot.

Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

Cat SurprisedCat SurprisedCat Surprised

IMO take a break from eBay and the boards to get some perspective back and ease the angst

Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I find that no situation is worth reporting to Greed-e-bay.  I have sent them numerous emails for a buyer who blamed me when she provided the wrong address.  ebay took her side and told me that I should refund.  I refunded the purchase price, but not postage money.  I had sent the item, but it was returned undeliverable by AusPost.  Greed-e-bay will now no longer even reply to my emails, and I am blocked from entering the forum on that account.  I have asked them twice to remove the negative feedback - they do not respond.  They told me that they could look into it originally, if she left a neg, and see if it was in their guidelines for removal.  I have obviously been sanctioned in some way, but feebay do not bother to communicate with me at all, so I don't know.  Best to just cop a loss on everything, and never upset staff at Greed-e-bay.  They couldn't possibly care less about their sellers.

Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

Is that the buyer who left you a neg which was later revised to a neutral after you refunded her and supplied the $57.95 item at no charge? What an absolute cow! Given that a neutral is for all intents and purposes exactly the same as a neg, she did you no favours at all, and if she's a seller herself I'd be very much inclined to return the favour.
Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

Cat SurprisedCat SurprisedCat Surprised

IMO take a break from eBay and the boards to get some perspective back and ease the angst

There's nothing at all wrong with my perspective, cats. I'm well aware of what a bunch of thieving mongrel dogs eBay are, and taking a break from selling or the discussion boards isn't going to change my opinion of eBay one iota.

Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

I do wonder how ebay come to decisions when they blame the seller yet it was the buyer who provided the wrong address. The mind boggles !
Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

trust

Two slow payers, one because he was new and cocked up paypal credit card payment but have now had one that bid over the top of someone and no payment, no communication, nothing !
Message 30 of 30
Latest reply