Do you think this situation is worth reporting to Ebay?

So, on the 11th of this month an Ebayer bought my item.

He messaged me and said the payment will be made within the hour.

Fast forward 2 days later, the payment was still not made, so I decided to message he/she back regarding if they were still interested in purchasing the item...no response.

So, I proceeded to cancel the order on the 14th, as SOON as I cancelled the order, the ebayer left me negative feedback along the lines of: "Didn't even wait for the weekend payment to go through. Wow." 

Now, if they replied to my messages in the first place, I would of known what was going on and wouldn't of done said things.

Argh..this annoys me beyond belief!!! 

I've reported this situation to Ebay..it's past the 48 period and they still haven't gotten back to me. ๐Ÿ˜• 

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Yes, I believe it is worth reporting.

I have had this before. It is best to contact the buyer first and handle to situation calmly. They can swap there feedback from a neg to a positive. I have seen it before but cannot remember where to find it.

I am going through the same trouble at the moment.

Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

Hello, had you waited for 4 days and the buyer still hadn't paid you could of opened 'item not paid' case, that way if the buyer doesn't pay within 4 days ebay will give them a strike and return your FVF.Smiley Happy

And the buyer can not leave feed back.

Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

I've tried messaging the buyer, he will not respond.
Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

How did you cancel the order?

Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

You can't blame him for not responding.

I'd let it go and take it as a lesson learnt.Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

i sympathise with you.

How long to give each buyer is a tough one.

Comunication is probably the key.

If there is no response at all from the buyer well.......

If buyers havent contacted me after 4 days i message and explain 

"Can you let me know what you would like to do about  this item please? Ebay charges 10% of the total in fees to my account as soon as an item sells. As a small seller i simply cant afford to forget about those types of amounts whenenver a buyer has a change of mind or buys in error. If you still want the item but need more time that is fine but please keep me informed? I hope you can appreciate my position blah, blah".

If still no reply after a day or two i lodge the dispute

You would assume larger sellers couldnt really be to flexible with this?

They would simply waste to much time.

Most would probably have it set to automatically open disputes after 4 days.

I dont really understand the logic behind the current cancellation process.

I've had a horrible time lately with cancelling orders.

I dont have a courier account at the moment and was relying on the temando freight calculator.

In my adds for fishing rods i had a couple of times in large red letters for buyers to contact me with a postcode and suburb before buying so i can check for courier options and cost.

Of course many buyers didnt bother and went ahead and bought without getting a freight price.

When they find out the prices quoted to ship to far north QLD or WA they dont want it.

I cancel the order but then have to wait for the buyer to receive a refund. **bleep** refund? They havent paid anything yet.

For some reason the system assumes we were much further along with the transaction and money has passed hands.

Now this isnt all to bad until the buyer stops responding.

How the heck are we supposed to get our fees in this situation?

Its silly, the entire process gets held up and is reliant on the buyer answering a question that is totally irrelevant in these circumstances.

The buyer is meant to selct from a dropdown list "they havent paid for this item yet" or something like that.

Try explaing that to a new ebayer that simply couldnt be bothered or doesnt know how to navigate around ebay?

I have 3 or 4 cases sitting in limbo like this.

The buyer has stopped responding and all i get from ebay are the ususal cut and pastes from the help pages.

That have nothing to do with the situation.

Does ebay think we'll forget about it after a while and stop trying to get our fees back?

Its frustrating as hell

Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

I cancelled the order by just going to the "sold" list..and clicked cancel order.

The buyer still has not accepted the cancellation, I have contacted him once and he has not replied.

This is extremely frustrating. I can't open a case because I've already comitted to cancel the transaction. 

Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

I believe he's not acceping cancellation to just hit me with the fees.

Man, just thinking about this is getting me worked up again. Absolute d**khead. 

Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

yep, if the buyer is not interested we are pretty much stuffed.

Its either very poorly desidned software or very sleazy!

Message 10 of 30
Latest reply