Down 70% in sales compared to last year

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well 🙂 I don't know about everyone else but my sales are practically non existent. I have been selling full time on eBay for the last 5 years, I have another store which is my main store but sales are non existent. I don't watch the news (don't like hearing negative things) is there some major crisis in Australia??? Because that's the only thing I can think of. I have double the stock compared to last year, I have mobile friendly template on my main store and my prices are very competitive. What's going on? Does anyone know?

I received an email a few days ago which started with "We have just switched your store on....." What do they mean? Do they just switch it on and off whenever they feel like it?

Any feedback will be appreciated, thanks 🙂

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Down 70% in sales compared to last year

From reading various posts it seems that quite a few Ebay stores are down about 65% as compared to last year.....we are the same.  It was not that long ago that most of our listings were on the 1st page near the top, but now they are difficult to find.  Australian stores were always listed 1st with international under a heading at the end, this is now not the case & in most cases with our listings the internationals are listed 1st.

We could see this problem looming for a while so developed our own website to run separately last year.  It was slow to start but now is doing double of our Ebay store.  It did not have to be this way as we used to be happy with Ebay sales, but something had to be done to keep the business viable. 

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: Down 70% in sales compared to last year

This article shows Ebay Australia is struggling compared to the rest of the world.

https://crazylister.com/blog/top-selling-items-on-ebay/

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply