Drop in sales - has anyone else noticed a BIG drop WC 8th October 18?

Hi Guys

Something appears to have changed this week? It may possibly be related to the recent software changes on the eBay seller platform - but I have had a HUGE drop in sales since Monday 8th October 18?

2 x eBay reps have told me that my account is good - no restrictions, etc? I mostly offer Free Express Shipping and am now moving to Same-day Handling. No-one has been able to offer an explanation?

I have been selling for 15 years this December and NEVER had it this bad? Has anyone else noticed this with their store?

Steve

Message 1 of 67
Latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Some people have been reporting low sales and when other members looked at their listings, a lot weren't showing up. How many listings should you have up? I can see 127. I had to go back and check because I was too busy drooling LOL!!

Message 2 of 67
Latest reply

Yeah - my listings are all as good as they can be - seems to be a lack of viewings by customers??
Message 3 of 67
Latest reply

I know a few of my friends have stopped using ebay as they are sick of the flood of chinese carp and when they do buy australian ...it gets posted from China. Ebays own fault for not listening to the many many compalints made to them about this. Shame we are all going down with them. I am now listing on other sites which I cant mention here.  Not the flow through like here but the way things are going here ...wont be long.

Message 4 of 67
Latest reply

Maybe everyone has gone vego or vego lol

Message 5 of 67
Latest reply

I still contend that 4 days is not long enough to establish a trend.

Message 6 of 67
Latest reply

I tend to agree - but have never seen it this slow in 15 years - usually, my area = BBQ is kicking along by now??
Message 7 of 67
Latest reply

Depends where buyers are located.....I am in Sydney and BBQs are the last thing on my mind....it has been wetter this week than all over the winter.  Cool wet and windy is hardly BBQ weather.

And there does not look to be much change over the next week.

Message 8 of 67
Latest reply

Damn - been super nice in SW Victoria - quite warm at times. 🙂
Message 9 of 67
Latest reply

In a separate thread I also reported zero sales as of last Monday (I did get one today), after virtually a record month before that. The change from extra high to nothing was so sudden it seemed weird enough to ask about.

I agree five days isn't long enough to establish a trend. I'll be watching what happens this weekend, as that's when more than half my sales usually come.

If however, a significant number of people are experiencing an abrupt drop, all from the same day or close to it, it can't plausibly be due to buyers all simultaneously leaving ebay. It has to be something in the system. And if it's affecting enough people, it should affect ebay's profits, and they'll be onto it.  My only concern is that it's affecting  only certain sellers for some specific reason.

But like I said, I'm giving it a bit longer - at very least the weekend - before I start panicking. At the moment I'm just attentive..

Message 10 of 67
Latest reply