Duration of sale

edyerose
Community Member

I dont have a shop and only list personal items I am destashing .. I only ever use the free monthly listings offer (40 listings) however I have just noticed I can now select a 30 day or a GTC in the duration sections of Turbo Lister and also if I renew on ebay this choice is also available to me .. has this just been changed or is it a trial? as I think the longest time I could choose before was 10 days..

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Duration of sale

The option was introduced to non-store holders fairly recently (a few weeks ago, if memory serves), although I think it's been available to non-store holders in the US for quite a while, and they're usually the trial while we get features and policies afterwards if they work out (in whichever way eBay wanted them to Smiley LOL ). 

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

If you're going to use that option, I think it was agreed on here that using the 30 day option with 3 free relists was more beneficial than GTC. The 30 day option with 3 free relists will give you 4 months before you have to use a free listing, whereas GTC will use a free listing every month when it rolls over.

I believe using the first option would allow you to have more than 40 listings in a month as the currently listed ones wouldn't be biting into your new monthly allocation on the 1st, which would leave you open to list new items. It would only be when they run out of free relists that you'd have to use one of your 40 to relist it again.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Hi and thank you for your advice ๐Ÿ™‚   I agree it does sound like a good option to do this way however  the three free listings option seems to have vanished off my listing options when I relist .. doesnt matter whether I start a new listing straight in ebay or I am relisting an item .. its still not there anymore ... I had always used the three free relists but its now gone ...I thought that maybe it was replaced with the 30 days option .... thank you for your replies ๐Ÿ™‚  appreciate the advice

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Try clearing out your browser cookies and cache. That usually gets them back. Revising a day or so later can often see it reappear too. If not, try relisting via the phone/device app. I've never not seen it on there.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

thank you for your tips ๐Ÿ™‚  have tried the cookies and chache ..for me it didnt work .. but I will try again in a couple of days .. also the tip for checking on phone app .. will try that too ... thanks again for your help ..  ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Hi .. contacted ebay about the automatic relist and received the reply below from the customer service person .. it might help someone else who has also lost this on their listings .. cant see anything in ebays help pages tho about it being just a promotion ..

"I immediately checked on the account and according to what I can see, it seems the Auto Relist promotion on your account has been removed already. I am sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you. Please know that the three free relists is only a promotion. This means that the promotion can be removed from your account. And originally, the promotion was activated for new and occasional sellers only."
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

WOW, that's a different reply from their normal cut and paste drivel. As for it being a promotion, what an absolute load of garbage! I've had the option for quite a few years, as have most people.

As for being a new or occasional seller, also a load of garbage. There are plenty of high volume sellers who get it who have been members for years. They really need to update their system (or the monkeys that operate the system).

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

WOW, that's a different reply from their normal cut and paste drivel. As for it being a promotion, what an absolute load of garbage! I've had the option for quite a few years, as have most people.

As for being a new or occasional seller, also a load of garbage. There are plenty of high volume sellers who get it who have been members for years. They really need to update their system (or the monkeys that operate the system).

Hey Tippy, sorry must throw my 2 cents in here ๐Ÿ™‚ in my experience it is a "promotion for new sellers". However it is set to dissappear when you reach a number of sales OR a number of $ worth of sales in a set period. At least thats been my experience.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

That's what eBay tell you, but it's actually 100 sales AND $12,000 in sales in 12 months. EBay normally say it's OR, but it seems to be AND. 100 sales will see you become a Powerseller and most people here are Powersellers (myself included on 2 out of 3 accounts) and still have access to the option.

Of course if you change your account to "business", then you lose them and never get them back, regardless of whether you only make a $1 sale for the whole year. If it's a "promotion", then it's been going for a loooong time LOL! Maybe it's like the daylight saving trial that came in in the 70's. It was never made official and is still technically a "trial" in the states that observe it.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply