EBAY'S NEW HEALTH CHECK - I think it is seriously SICK!!

Just received eBay's latest assistance to sellers *Ebay's NEW HEALTH CHECK* .

This may be old news but they are moving timed BUY IT NOW and will move all my listings to GOOD TIL CANCELLED. Well that is not what I want but then again we have no say. 

This does not suit me for many reasons with something new I like to use 10 days as an option. The rest are 30 day listings which gives me the option to adjust the listings if they are not attracting buyers or watches. I will sometimes group them with other items etc. 

I find the 30 day listings far more manageable for my business needs. 

So if all fixed listings are good til cancelled I dare say the next step will be for those with ebay stores will be reduced with the amount of fixed listings in their subscription. 

Good til cancelled also means there will be a hell of a lot of old stock on there for years or if I remember correctly they were bringing in limited time for listings.

I have had my vent but OH SO FRUSTRATING makes me wonder why I am doing this. 

Message 1 of 374
Latest reply
373 REPLIES 373

Re: EBAY'S NEW HEALTH CHECK - I think it is seriously SICK!!

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

Yep, I think there will be a lot of people going blue in the face, just waiting for Saturday to roll arround.  

If they had any brains they'd check now.  The link always works 2 days before the promos are due to start. 

Message 271 of 374
Latest reply

@joshbower wrote:

Is there any way to check which listings are checked to relist automatically without loading them all one by one? I don't have a store so I get 40 free listings per month but I have 700 odd active listings. I lost the auto-relist box a little while ago but I know some of my current items still had it ticked with a few relists left to go. I don't want them to auto relist and suddenly charge me insertion fees. Even though ebay seems to be saying this won't happen it looks like it has already happened to a few of you. Do I have to revise all 700 listings individually to check for the little box or is there a faster way? I've clicked revise on a few and can see some with the box and some without but is there a way to filter them?

Every listing will go GTC when it rolls over. It doesn't matter how many relists are left, they are a thing of the past.

Whilst eBay said the initial conversion would be free, this is not the case. Every relist is coming off freebies or incurring charges. The only thing to do is to end them before they relist, or hope eBay will credit you for any listing fees. Before your monthly bill is due.

Message 272 of 374
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

What I am trying to say, or rather ask, what is the benefit of listings having cycles, outside of billing applications? I

Yes, as per jfmgray  post above,  I used the 30 day cycle to review my listings and tweak them before listing.  

Also I used "sell similar" not relist, so that each listing looked new.     With the GTC the buyers will be able to see that my listing is two years old Smiley Happy  and may feel that I will accept a much lower price.

so two disadvantages for me   (with a feature store)

Message 273 of 374
Latest reply

The reference was to the 'Weekends sell for $1'.  That notification only appears on the My Selling page after Friday midnight / Saturday morning.

Message 274 of 374
Latest reply

Just discovered another little hickup. Just sold my first sinlge listed GTC since the change and there is no option to "view order details". This was never a problem when I had a single item listed as GTC and is still available for my remaining 30 day listings and multiple GTC's. I cut n paste address details from the View Order Details which is dead simple - not so simple with "View Sales Record".  I have sorted a workaround but would much prefer to use the order details method. Grrr.  

Message 275 of 374
Latest reply

@jfmgray wrote:

Just discovered another little hickup. Just sold my first sinlge listed GTC since the change and there is no option to "view order details". This was never a problem when I had a single item listed as GTC and is still available for my remaining 30 day listings and multiple GTC's. I cut n paste address details from the View Order Details which is dead simple - not so simple with "View Sales Record".  I have sorted a workaround but would much prefer to use the order details method. Grrr.  

Maybe use the packing slip?    Even if I am not going to print a postage label, I click on "print postage" and in the menu is "packing slip" which gives a nice clear option for cut and paste anything.    And provides a good sales record.

Although the email from paypal also gives a nice clear address for copying.

But of course you probably know that.Smiley Embarassed

Message 276 of 374
Latest reply

@jfmgray wrote:

I've always had 'view sales record' via selling manager view, and 'view order details' via the all selling view, and it looks to still be the same on my account, but if you hit the 'move' button on the sales record page, the full address shifts over to the little window on the right and is already highlighted so you can copy from there (it puts 'Australia' in there, though, which is redundant on domestic orders, so you may need to click off and then highlight just the bits you need). 

Message 277 of 374
Latest reply

Yes that's the workaround I figured out. And yes the all selling works also - thank you.

Message 278 of 374
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
But you still pay a service pay to have access to water and gas, even if you don't use it. Why should stores pay a 'service fee' (store fee) while other users don't? If a store sells $10-20K a year, why should ebay make them pay $27.45 a month for 600 listings while other sellers can have the same number of listings for free even if they only sell $1,000 or $2,000 a year? That's hardly user pays when it comes to how much space/maintenance a seller's listings require.

We don't disagree with these comments.

As you can see, we have a store.  When we lost the auto-relists on this id we started a couple of non-store ids and took advantage of the auto-relists and other offers.

We understand that offers aren't indefinite, and took them as a bonus, not a right.

We wouldn't complain one little bit if Ebay removed all offers, auto-relists, freebies or anything else.

Our disagreement is that GTC is now the only option.

Most of our items are one-offs, so a selling history for each item is of no benefit to us.  Having to closely monitor how many free listings we have left and whether we can list some new items, or have to end others is taking time from actually creating listings (choosing, sorting, scanning, photographing, etc).

Just stopping all the auto-relists and promos for non-store sellers would have levelled the playing field without creating so much worry for so many small to medium sellers (including some with stores).

Message 279 of 374
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@joshbower wrote:

Is there any way to check which listings are checked to relist automatically without loading them all one by one? I don't have a store so I get 40 free listings per month but I have 700 odd active listings. I lost the auto-relist box a little while ago but I know some of my current items still had it ticked with a few relists left to go. I don't want them to auto relist and suddenly charge me insertion fees. Even though ebay seems to be saying this won't happen it looks like it has already happened to a few of you. Do I have to revise all 700 listings individually to check for the little box or is there a faster way? I've clicked revise on a few and can see some with the box and some without but is there a way to filter them?

Every listing will go GTC when it rolls over. It doesn't matter how many relists are left, they are a thing of the past.

Whilst eBay said the initial conversion would be free, this is not the case. Every relist is coming off freebies or incurring charges. The only thing to do is to end them before they relist, or hope eBay will credit you for any listing fees. Before your monthly bill is due.

Yeah I understand this and this is why I want to end the listings that have the free relist box still checked, because they will roll over into GTC listings and will charge me a fee since I don't have any free listings left at the moment, even though it's supposed to be free it looks like it is not for some people. The ones that don't have the free relist box will just end when their time is up. So I didn't want to just end everything because those ones will be good for a couple of weeks yet. But I don't have time to go through them all individually to end the ones that will relist as GTC so I might have to end all my listings and wait until next month then list only 40 items which sucks.

Message 280 of 374
Latest reply