EBAY'S NEW HEALTH CHECK - I think it is seriously SICK!!

Just received eBay's latest assistance to sellers *Ebay's NEW HEALTH CHECK* .

This may be old news but they are moving timed BUY IT NOW and will move all my listings to GOOD TIL CANCELLED. Well that is not what I want but then again we have no say. 

This does not suit me for many reasons with something new I like to use 10 days as an option. The rest are 30 day listings which gives me the option to adjust the listings if they are not attracting buyers or watches. I will sometimes group them with other items etc. 

I find the 30 day listings far more manageable for my business needs. 

So if all fixed listings are good til cancelled I dare say the next step will be for those with ebay stores will be reduced with the amount of fixed listings in their subscription. 

Good til cancelled also means there will be a hell of a lot of old stock on there for years or if I remember correctly they were bringing in limited time for listings.

I have had my vent but OH SO FRUSTRATING makes me wonder why I am doing this. 

Message 1 of 374
Latest reply
373 REPLIES 373

Re: EBAY'S NEW HEALTH CHECK - I think it is seriously SICK!!

I'm not really 'fazed' by the change to GTC.
I've never had or used auto relist enabled as I like to be in control of what & when I list.

On the last free listing/FVF promo I changed all the listings to GTC & I'll simply 'stop' all my GTC before they roll over. simples!!

I was actually pleased when ebay introduced 30 day & GTC for non-store sellers years ago.
I promptly did the sums (on my other ID) & cancelled the store. As the items are made to order it was an ideal situation for me with only 22 items listed. I increase the stock levels when necessary.

This ID...
I've been using ebays free listing/FVF promos with great delight Woman Very Happy
When the promos stop - I'll go back to listing 40 items only.

Message 281 of 374
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

re the auto relists - that is exactly why I took them off. 

Items don't necessarily sell in the first week (at least mine don't seem to), so now after accepting the weekend offer, I just bulk relist some time over the weekend. 

And schedule new ones to start after I've accepted that promotion.  It's not rocket science.

Though waiting with baited breath for next Saturday to find out if that weekend offer is still going to be there or not - with all the other changes going on, who knows.  Might have to go back to the drawing board.

The $1 weekend still works for me, so any BIN's that are finishing in the next week, I'll end and relist them over the weekend. Then next weekend I'll do the same if the offer continues. At least if I end and relist them, I have control over them and won't be charged any insertion fees. Whilever the $1 weekends continue, I will relist using that offer only (or any other promos). If when these offers cease, I'll go back to having just 40 listings. A lot less to worry about and a lot less work.

Message 282 of 374
Latest reply

@joshbower wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

@joshbower wrote:

Is there any way to check which listings are checked to relist automatically without loading them all one by one? I don't have a store so I get 40 free listings per month but I have 700 odd active listings. I lost the auto-relist box a little while ago but I know some of my current items still had it ticked with a few relists left to go. I don't want them to auto relist and suddenly charge me insertion fees. Even though ebay seems to be saying this won't happen it looks like it has already happened to a few of you. Do I have to revise all 700 listings individually to check for the little box or is there a faster way? I've clicked revise on a few and can see some with the box and some without but is there a way to filter them?

Every listing will go GTC when it rolls over. It doesn't matter how many relists are left, they are a thing of the past.

Whilst eBay said the initial conversion would be free, this is not the case. Every relist is coming off freebies or incurring charges. The only thing to do is to end them before they relist, or hope eBay will credit you for any listing fees. Before your monthly bill is due.

Yeah I understand this and this is why I want to end the listings that have the free relist box still checked, because they will roll over into GTC listings and will charge me a fee since I don't have any free listings left at the moment, even though it's supposed to be free it looks like it is not for some people. The ones that don't have the free relist box will just end when their time is up. So I didn't want to just end everything because those ones will be good for a couple of weeks yet. But I don't have time to go through them all individually to end the ones that will relist as GTC so I might have to end all my listings and wait until next month then list only 40 items which sucks.

In your 'My Selling' or Seller Hub Active listings, you can sort your listings by time left. Any that are ending today will either end or rollover to GTC, depending on if they have ARs available.

Just end them all, before they finish.

Rinse and repeat for the next 30 days and problem solved. About 2 minutes per day.

Message 283 of 374
Latest reply

(not to you Dave - just wondering)

So if everyone is going to be on GTC, how will that affect search rankings.  A lot of sellers get a bit sour if they were on page 1 of their category, and for no explainable reason suddenly find themselves on page 10.

What do you think will happen now that everyone is on that level playing field?  

Message 284 of 374
Latest reply

ebay's rule will apply:    All sellers are equal, but some sellers are more equal than others.

Message 285 of 374
Latest reply

So you also have Orwellian thoughts about eBay, like I do.
Message 286 of 374
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

The reference was to the 'Weekends sell for $1'.  That notification only appears on the My Selling page after Friday midnight / Saturday morning.

As I said, you can try the link up to 2 days beforehand and it'll show if you're going to get them.  But of course if you don't want to know ahead of time or you haven't got 5 seconds to try it then  it's your prerogative to wait.

Message 287 of 374
Latest reply

I'm a non store seller and never get the $1 weekend offer

Message 288 of 374
Latest reply

Thanks!  I was wondering with the changes to BIN listings whether this would still be available but just checked and it's definitely on this weekend! Great tip!

Message 289 of 374
Latest reply

I never get it on this account.

I get the offer through the app, but I'm always ineligible. Which doesn't fuss me; the 40 do for this account and I have a 150 limit. The other non-store account gets them and it has a 1050 limit. Which is good, because I'm going to have to end 800 listings on my store account.

Message 290 of 374
Latest reply