EBay extra 4% fees

Hi everyone, I just have a small question, I don’t really want to complain because I’m sure we’ve all heard it before but basically I went mad with listing items recently and went over the 400 item threshold before I even knew it was a thing. EBay reviewed my account and because of 10 disputes over the year that all resulted well and in the buyers favour I’ve had extra fees put on all of my video games and consoles category listings.

My question is when will this be lowered and what did I have to do to speed this up? Since I received the extra fee penalty I have not listed even one item in that category, hoping for it to blow over. This is super hard because those items are my bread and butter

Any help and advice would be much appreciated

NickyDgames
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: EBay extra 4% fees

@perfect_pixels wrote:
Okay all great answers, what worries me is the time. How long do I have to endure the extra 4% till they finally see there’s no more issues on my account and is creating a second account just for those items a viable option

Read the fine print near the bottom of minimum's link.

You can't create, or use, another account to circumvent eBay policies.

The trigger is 2%. That means with 10 defects you will need 500 transactions within the same time period before you fall below that. This will reduce over time as the defects fall off, provided you continue to have transactions. If you stop selling, it will probably take the full 12 months. At which time, you could well have a 21 day hold put on your funds.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@perfect_pixels wrote:
Hi everyone, I just have a small question, I don’t really want to complain because I’m sure we’ve all heard it before but basically I went mad with listing items recently and went over the 400 item threshold before I even knew it was a thing. EBay reviewed my account and because of 10 disputes over the year that all resulted well and in the buyers favour I’ve had extra fees put on all of my video games and consoles category listings.

My question is when will this be lowered and what did I have to do to speed this up? Since I received the extra fee penalty I have not listed even one item in that category, hoping for it to blow over. This is super hard because those items are my bread and butter

NickyDgames

You what?!?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Don’t know how I could make it any more clearer than that, sorry bud
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Too many disputes so % wise I think plenty of sales will be needed so that % goes down.

I'm not sure why the disputes happened but 1 dispute is too many and I never let ebay get involved and always resolve things with a buyer.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

@perfect_pixels wrote:

NickyDgames

By this I'm guessing you mean that in all 10 cases raised by buyers, ebay have stepped in at buyer request and they have forcibly refunded the buyer. If this is the case then you would have received 10 seller defects for unresolved cases.

For future reference you have to resolve cases yourself before ebay are asked to step in. Doing so would have avoided these defects in the first place.

As to what you can do now....

You can only try to sell lots with no further problems and in time (?? how long) ebay will see fit to remove any restrictions youy may have.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Okay all great answers, what worries me is the time. How long do I have to endure the extra 4% till they finally see there’s no more issues on my account and is creating a second account just for those items a viable option
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Read here

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy?id=4347

Review depends on the amount of sales & can be viewed from Seller Hub/Performance

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@perfect_pixels wrote:

Read the fine print near the bottom of minimum's link.

You can't create, or use, another account to circumvent eBay policies.

The trigger is 2%. That means with 10 defects you will need 500 transactions within the same time period before you fall below that. This will reduce over time as the defects fall off, provided you continue to have transactions. If you stop selling, it will probably take the full 12 months. At which time, you could well have a 21 day hold put on your funds.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Oh wow I hadn’t read that yet. Thankyou this is sort of what I was after 🙂 sounds like I’ll just have to work hard to get my
Percentage lower
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply