EBays new seller protections

Just got an email from eBay and it looks like eBay are taking steps in the right direction (in theory). Just skimmed thru the email and can see that we are going to get better protection from bad buyers including ones who don't pay on a consistent basis and ones who love to give negative reviews. Also being protect from bad seller ratings if you ship to other countries if you have a good strong account locally. I am hoping this turns out to be a positive experience from eBay, because if they are all true, I will be more happier as a seller.
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/seller-protection

You need to read the whole thing.  Selling 'locally' means to any country that comes under the global seller standards program that applies to Australian sellers, including China, France, Thailand, Italy.  Only the US, UK and Germany aren't included because they have their own seller standards program.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Who cares because ebay are 12 months too late with this carp.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Thirteen years selliing, 25.000 sales & not once have I benefitted from 'seller protection'. However I've been on the receiving end of buyer protection many times.

Seller protection is a joke.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Sellers need to beware of getting too hopeful over any announcement as eBay have trouble managing this site as it is 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Hope it goes better because selling overseas is quite hard
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I received this email, and I hate to break it to you, but it is little more than lip service, not to mention that there isn't actually anything new in so far as seller protection goes (more particularly re: NPB's).

They have always had that line about buyer's account priveleges possibly being affected if they rack up too many UPI strikes, but "may have" is the operative phrase, and realistically, how many habitual NPBs actually have their accounts limited or suspended?

The stuff about giving sellers 90 days to get their account standing back to an acceptable level (if they fall to "below standard") was part of the last seller release, but the email is really just a summary of recent site policies and features, with some typical spin-doctering (eg "we're here for our sellers ๐Ÿ™‚ Heart Smiley Wink "    which peronally just makes me blech). 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply