Ebay Auspost Label system generating dud labels 16/3

Just a warning folks.

Got off long phone conversations with Aussie Post and eBay customer service who naturally enoughed blamed each other and suggested I call each other. Long story short: the "Print Post Label" system in Ebay is generating dud labels that the post office can't accept and cannot be tracked. If you click on the tracking number that is generated when you purchase a label ( for a 500g satchel in my case) and click it again to get to the Aust Post tracking site you will see it says  "Product not trackable". No worries taking your money though 😛

No solutions or timeframe offered by eBay staffers. The suggestion was to cancel the labels and pay over the counter.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Had the same problem with labels created today - seems that the problem labels start with "8380".  Only realised it was a problem after I sent the items, so I'm hoping those packages get delivered anyway and I don't need to get into a **bleep** fight with Australia Post...

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I had the same problem this morning and barcode started with 8390 for a 3Kg ebay satchel. Customer service advised me to cancel & print another label or pay at the post office. Great! since on an $8.00 item that will cost $13.40 instead of the $11.70 I received.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Had one of those last friday and reported to ebay (there are a few threads about issues with postage labels).  They were able to recreate the problem and said it would be fixed within 7-10 days by the techies.  Lots of ongoing issue also with incorrect amounts being charged for postage labels e.g. $7.34 billed instead of $7.15.  I ended up cancelling the postage label and purchased an AP satchel at PO to post out item today.  Don't think I will be using the ebay postage labels for a while if I am going to have to wait 1-3 months for refunds when it fails.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Not to mention if you cancel the paid postage, you won't see the credit for 25 days! Of course eBay say up to 25 days, yet nearly every label I have cancelled all have taken 25 days or more before the credit is processed. In most cases the credits won't go through before the next invoice is generated! Pfft, good on you eBay!
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Some of the reasons I dont use eBay Labels any more... Cancel a label you have to wait 25 days to get your money back, The cost of the label is added to your Account and at the end of the month you have a huge bill to pay. C&S accept Paypal so when the buyer pays you can pay, print and post the label straight away. Also eBay do not accept 5kg Satchels. With using C&S if there is a problem you only have 1 company to deal with.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Yes the long, long wait for the refund that does not always come is not the best. I have two on the go now.

I first found this error when the Post Office could not scan in my parcel yesterday and so after checking everything, I cancelled the label and did another - same result so another cancellation. I had seen the threads about the 22kg issue, I guess this is part of their general postage stuff up.

I asked them (Ebay) to put a warning note up and tell us when its working again but I think the chances of that going from the phone staff to the website crew are 0% at best, perhaps less lol.

@crowsman53

I think C&S postage is dearer? I remember checking it and finding the Ebay labels better value, unless that has changed. I will go and have a look now.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

I had the problem this morning with a 3kg satchel that would not scan,
so they put a parcel barcode sticker on it and scanned that in.

I then replaced/uploaded that tracking number to ebay and Paypal.

Barrie

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Had the same problem late last week took to Aust post they said Barcode was invalid. Posted it any way and the item was received by the customer as she left feedback.

No lodgement receipt or Tracking of item on Aust Post Webiste

Luckily the buyer did acknowledge she had received the item

This is the same type of situation with the 22kg label problem..some would scan other wouldn't 

COme on Ebay this is not good enought!

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

It seems to be a problem  with 3Kg satchel as a 500gm & B1 box scanned OK.

Barrie

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply