Ebay Australia short-changing? Higher fees , less free listings. 3 Questions

How come that ebay Australia charges 10.9% on sales, when Europe & America charge 10%?

How come that ebay Australia charges fees on postage when the others don't?

How come the ebay Australia has only 40 free listings per month when USA has 100, France has 150, Germany has 500 and UK has 1000???

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

250,000!!

Managed payments gives 250,000 free listings, and the counters no longer move.

Read our full terms for fees when listing an item

All sellers with an Australian registration address are entitled to 250,000 free insertion fees per month for items listed in auction-style or fixed price format in most categories, including relisted items and listings that are ended early.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees-without-ebay-store?id=4822

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

I am starting to read about the managed thing right now. I never even heard of it until today. I am not a business, just a civilian collector with a hobby.

Thanks everyone for your time and help.

All the best!

Cheers!

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Fees on postage are world wide & this was the case before it came to eBay.com.au.

You might want to do some research on the fees.

You should ask eBay for the reasons.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I just checked Germany again and they do charge 10% WITHOUT postage, unless you sell from outside Germany in which case they charge 10% INCLUDING postage.

But you are right. I should ask ebay themselves.

Thanks for your your time.

Cheers

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

I can only comment on question 3:  

All sellers on managed payments get 250,000 free listings per month.

And seeing that managed payments are to be compulsory for all sellers,  all sellers get 250,000 free listings per month.    Pretty good really.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

So how come I only get 40?

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Have  you been signed over to managed payments yet?  But I think you have, so you do.

Your counter will remain at 40 each month, but the 40 never changes, haven't you noticed?

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Looks like OP is not on Managed Payments yet.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

My bad, I thought if you could see all the credit card payments in the seller's payment options, that meant they were on MP

But my reply still stands,  eventually everyone has to be on managed payments.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

I don't think I have been  managed yet. And I definitely don't stay on 40. The number is at 5 currently, which I will use this afternoon and then... No trading on ebay until next month. Most of my stuff sells for $5 including postage and after fees and postage I have about $2 I actually got, so paying $1.65 per listing is out of the question. Fun fact: In Europe it costs only 50 cents (At least in France) but that is out of the question, too.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Sellers in Germany also have to pay for features that we get for free - Gallery plus is EUR 0..75 (the feature that enlarges images when moused over), scheduling listings is 0.20, and privating buyer identities is 0.50 (if the seller doesn't pay for this upgrade, everyone can see buyer IDs in bid / purchase history). 

The grass is only greener if you pay attention to what they get that we don't, and not what we get that they don't. 

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply