Ebay Best Match - Drop in ranking driving me nuts!

Hi, 

I've read everything about Best Match / Search Results but I just can't figure out why my listing position in search recently dropped. 

(Almost) all my listings are last in search, beyond new seller or irrevelent listings and it's driving me crazy. There must be something the others are doing, a button to check somewhere, but I can't figure out what it is.

Here's an example: 

For the search "Titan vaporizer" : http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xtitan+vaporizer...

My listing is in the last position, beyond irrevelent listing with "titan" in item specifics and beyond new seller with 0 sales. I offer the premium thing, 60 days return, free express and the listing has a few sales.

My position has dropped around the time I've switched from Garagesale to M2E Pro with my Magento based website. Is there something wrong with my HTML template? Can you see anything in my listing that must be affecting the position in search result? 

I've contacted Ebay about that, they told me that there's nothing wrong with my account but that's about it. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ebay Best Match - Drop in ranking driving me nuts!

I have five items come up with the search titan vaporizer and your listing is first. 

As there are only four other listings that come up in the search, even if yours was last in fifth I would not be spending time worrying about it.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I got you at 5 in the list, would suggest putting the word NEW - at the end of the item title, not at the start.

Also dont use the & symbol use a + sign. I would start with Vaporizer, then the Titan 2 part, people who dont know brand names arent going to include Titan.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I never worry about BM search results, I just rarely search for my own items to see where they are ranked. The only time I do is when there are complaints on the boards and I sometimes find my items near the top and sometimes so far down they are in the basement but funnily enough my sell through rate stays pretty constant.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Unless you are doing stupid things, which you aren't why worry about something you have no control over. If you sell on ebay part of selling is accepting that ebay does fundamentally illogical senseless and often plain stupid things that cannot be changed! Now go and make a cup of tea and start building a website.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply