Ebay Managed Payments - Not Paying Out. Any Solutions?

Hi,

First of all, I know this isn't the place to find official support, but I figured I'd check if any other sellers had had this problem and had been able to resolve it. So, the situation is:

• I'm signed up to ebay managed payments and have successfully received several payments through the new system. My last successful payout was last Friday, 28 May.
  • I had funds pending on the same Friday which cleared into 'available' early Monday morning. Since then, I've had further funds clear into 'available' as well. However, I am no longer getting a payout (I have had daily payouts selected since the switch from PayPal to ebay managed payments). It also states that there is no scheduled payout.
  • I have contacted ebay support several times and they've just said that IT is working on it and that I would have to wait 3-5 days to even get a further response from them, and I'm not holding my breath that it'll actually be fixed in that timeframe.
  • In the past week I've had to pay over $600 in shipping, which the held funds should be covering. If I don't receive the funds soon, I will literally not be able to afford to send any further orders I have until the funds do clear. This is obviously not ideal for me as a seller, or for my buyers.

So, has anyone else encountered a similar problem and had it resolved? The only thing I can think of that may be causing a problem is that I have a return open. It has been resolved however (the buyer has agreed to a partial refund, they just haven't accepted it as they only seem to check ebay every 3-4 days). But this shouldn't put all of my funds on hold, and PayPal has already put the associated funds on hold as the sale was from before the switchover. 

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and any help or tips will be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, that often seems to be the case with managed payments; one initially receives payments and then suddenly BANG ! - the money stops.

Of course Customer service is of no help whatsoever (has it ever been any different ?)

Looks like you already worked out, you have to re-upload your banking details and that should fix it.

🤔🤔🤔🤔

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I did have a brief look at that discussion before posting this, but at that time I thought it was mainly touching on the processing time for funds to become available and the processing time between payout and arriving in your bank.

Upon reading further it seems to just be a big mess regarding every and all part of the managed payments process. I guess I can take solace in that.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

This won't help, but just curious as to which business structure you registered for MP under (eg individual, or company [trust, partnership etc])?

So far (and as far as I know) this has been happening to accounts that registered as trusts, partnerships etc, and I suspect it has to do with the fact that there are named partners of the business who are not ID verified, as they only provide the option to verify the account holder when you go through the registration process (again, as far as I know). Sometimes it trips the account up immediately, some accounts have been like yours - receiving payouts successfully for a while and then bang, the rug gets pulled. 

If you registered as an individual, though, then it would appear to be for a different reason, so I'm hoping that either the info above helps when communicating with eBay on the matter and determining how to resolve, or  if registered as an individual (and if it's feasible) you can post any updates that may help resolve similar situations if / when they occur to others. 

eBay do not seem to be well equipped to be handling these issues, unfortunately, I really hope they get their act together soon because this has been happening for far too long, to far too many people. 😕 

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Hey. I'm registered as an individual for MP, but thank you for the information anyway. It's good to know and I'm sure it could help someone else out who is in a similar situation.

This morning I received a notification in the seller hub which stated that I had to verify my bank details (which I didn't have to do when I originally signed up for MP). Is that a thing that people do usually have to do when they sign up?  Either way, after verifying the bank details it now says I have a payout scheduled for today, which I'm yet to receive (and which I didn't expect to receive today as it usually pays out in the morning). But hopefully the issue is now resolved and I should get it payed out early Monday morning.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Yes, that often seems to be the case with managed payments; one initially receives payments and then suddenly BANG ! - the money stops.

Of course Customer service is of no help whatsoever (has it ever been any different ?)

Looks like you already worked out, you have to re-upload your banking details and that should fix it.

🤔🤔🤔🤔

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Best of luck, OP - fingers crossed for Monday for you.

Not gonna lie: although I haven't had any problems with managed payments myself, all of these horror stories about not being paid have affected my confidence in this platform. So much so, I've now set up a presence on a  competing site so that in the event my payments stop here, I'll still have some revenue coming in from there.

This was something I had always planned to do as it's never a good business plan to put all of your eggs in one basket, but it definitely affected my decision to do that sooner rather than later.

I'm sure I'm not the only seller who feels less confident about this platform as a result of these problems which, oftentimes, seem to have no clear cause, and compounding these problems is eBay's inability to resolve them in a timely manner. 

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

@obsidian.vault wrote:

This morning I received a notification in the seller hub which stated that I had to verify my bank details (which I didn't have to do when I originally signed up for MP). Is that a thing that people do usually have to do when they sign up? 

Thanks for updating - that's quite strange as verifying banking details is a process most have to do when signing up, but given they were paying out into your nominated bank account, the details must have been provided somewhere along the line, which makes me wonder if eBay are suddenly finding a difference between verifying an account and "just" providing one. 😕 (When I signed up, I only had to provide a screenshot from my account that showed required details, like name of account holder, account number etc, other people have been asked to sign in to their bank account while on eBay). 

In any case, hopefully that's all sorted for you now. 

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

As far as I can remember, when I originally signed up for MP I only had to provide the usual bank account details (Account holder name, BSB, Account num.) through an online form with no physical proof of those existing/being mine (e.g. a screenshot). To actually verify the details they gave me three options:

1. Sign into my bank account while on eBay.
  2. Verify the amount of two micro-transactions sent to my account.
  3. Provide a bank statement, which had up to a 7 day processing time. No thanks.

So if anyone else has suddenly had their payouts stopped and hasn't had to do any of the above yet, maybe try bringing that up with customer service. No idea why they couldn't see that this was an issue on their end when I spoke to them.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

moto288
Community Member

Is it possible to leave MP after signing up? I am experiencing exactly the same problem now. I've had sales when the money comes in quickly, and suddenly BANG. My funds gets locked up. One sale I've sent overseas and the funds is locked up supposedly until the parcel is delivered. I've never had this happen. This is really unacceptable considering sellers need cashflow.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply