Ebay Payout Survey

I've had a request to complete a survey. Stumped by the first question. No option for 'none of the above' or 'other' followed by a please explain, just these 3 limited options. Not one best describes the way I manage funds. Even if it did, what benefit would it be to me to tell Ebay or what would ebay do with this information? There is no explanation given.

Sadly I can't discover what other ill phrased questions are in this survey because it won't let me proceed before I pick one of the not relevant options.

If only there were an option to respond "MYOFB"

Ebay Survey.PNG

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Ebay Payout Survey

I think ebay are in a spot of bother at the moment & are trying to gauge seller sentiment.....PayPal vs Adyen???

What are we NOT aware of? Maybe some surprises 'down the track'

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Buyer pays with PayPal I transfer money instantly to my bank account so #3

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

It's all about how much better life will be under the new regime. Like sending you mail, after mail, about how great "managed payments" will be. Click the first few pages about Feepal as your preference, then follow the rest as you have little choice, and choose the option Feebay hates the most, first. By the way I am listing my last 50 lots tomorrow, and who knows what happens after that. Personally the fact that under that so called "managed payments" punishes you for selling overseas, as well as severly restricting your items visibility to a worldwide network of collectors means that there is little point going through Feebay's greed driven changes anymore. By the way 

for the full year of 2020, eBay reported in US dollars - 

Net revenue of $10.27 billion, up 19.0% from $8.63 billion a year ago

Net income of $2.54 billion, up from $1.52 billion a year ago.   

And much of that is because the virus kept us all locked up, so we stayed home and spent.

How much profit is enough Feebay?Obviously not enough.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Paranoia?

Those are really the only 3 possibilities.

Your option D is to not complete the survey.

Not hard.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

This stuff is usually just so they can create "most sellers have been affected positively by X" types of articles, emails and other media - in this case it would be managed payments.

Notice that they don't care how you use the funds once you get them, they just want to know whether you transfer from PP or not. 

They'd be looking for a majority 'C' answer so they can say direct transfers (via managed payments) are better for most sellers. A & B would be irrelevant to that goal, if you answer by selecting either of those, the "conclusion" would be it's had a neutral effect on every seller who doesn't select 'C'. People who just kept their funds in PayPal "obviously" don't do anything with their money, and people who transferred some money to bank accounts can just transfer some funds from bank to PayPal so that's a "same/same" situation as well. 

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Surveys are usually skewed to force the person taking them into providing the answer the company wants.

I get them periodically from a utility provider that wants me to give up paper bills.  It starts off OK but near the end you are asked that if you had to choose how to receive bills what would you chose.(conveniently leaving out the posted option).  Tick one of those boxes and you've just committed yourself to emails, SMS, through an app or sometimes even direct debit....none of which I want.  At that point I don't complete the survey and shut it down. 

It must drive them nuts that I haven't ever completed a survey and they still have to post the bills to me. LOL

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

@davo1620 wrote:

It's all about how much better life will be under the new regime. Like sending you mail, after mail, about how great "managed payments" will be. Click the first few pages about Feepal as your preference, then follow the rest as you have little choice, and choose the option Feebay hates the most, first. By the way I am listing my last 50 lots tomorrow, and who knows what happens after that. Personally the fact that under that so called "managed payments" punishes you for selling overseas, as well as severly restricting your items visibility to a worldwide network of collectors means that there is little point going through Feebay's greed driven changes anymore. By the way 

for the full year of 2020, eBay reported in US dollars - 

Net revenue of $10.27 billion, up 19.0% from $8.63 billion a year ago

Net income of $2.54 billion, up from $1.52 billion a year ago.   

And much of that is because the virus kept us all locked up, so we stayed home and spent.

How much profit is enough Feebay?Obviously not enough.

I know what will happen after that, you'll keep listing, just like everyone else that threatens to leave.

Feebay, you so funny. Absolutely hilarious you are. My sides are splitting from laughter. Maybe you should have added Greedbay as well, then I would have needed an ambulance.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Paranoia?

Not hard.

Not paranoia, just irritation with yet another badly worded survey. If they really want to ' understand how we can ...make your experience better" they would allow comments.

I picked option D because, the option " I use paypal for all my online purchases, which are usually not on ebay." was not available.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

@paper-jack wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

Paranoia?

Not hard.

Not paranoia, just irritation with yet another badly worded survey. If they really want to ' understand how we can ...make your experience better" they would allow comments.

I picked option D because, the option " I use paypal for all my online purchases, which are usually not on ebay." was not available.

The survey is for sellers so you're actually just a buyer so the survey isn't for you so why even bother with this thread?

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply