Ebay Premium Service

Anyone get the following message from Ebay for sellers to change listings to comply with Ebay new Premium Service.

Top-rated sellers qualify for the greatest average boost in Best Match and are eligible to receive benefits on listings that offer same-day or one-day handling time, a minimum 30-day return policy with money back option, a free domestic postage option and an express postage option.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Ebay Premium Service

@shoppingbag* wrote:

@collect247 wrote:

But what do we think if we're forced into it, to comply?

What if we don't have a choice in the matter?

Are ebay going to force it and if you don't comply then your listings will be down a rabbit hole.

Well, I suspect Sellers would leave in droves, and as for many others eBay would cancel their accounts for not complying.

I didn't get a threatening email, but I will never be a premium seller.

I sell used books. The key is sell. I am not a library, which 30 days no questions asked returns would leave me open to. Especially for the more pricey ones.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
I doubt they could ever enforce it. They'd risk losing way too many sellers. If they push too much another site will eventually start up. I think enough buyers are frustrated with the search system that they'd happily try a site where it actually works.

Ebay gets discussed quite a bit in some fb craft groups and a lot of buyers have just given up on it because they can't find things, so I think in some categories a new Australian site would do really well. A lot of people have got money to spend but can't find what they want.

A few years ago, there was a new Australian site, that was supposed to be competition for eBay in Australia. They were going to run a massive advertising campaign. They promised the world, but sadly, it didn't happen for them. I sold one thing. Lots of others sold absolutely nothing depsite having hundreds of listings, despite having items that would be successful on eBay. I pulled my listings a few months ago.

It's a shame, because fees were lower and way less rules and regulations than eBay. The creators seemed to be very active with the site, and would answer any queries quickly. I believe they had the best of intentions. They had the brainpower in a modern tech world to create a great site. Yet, I never saw any advertising, so buyers didn't know about it. If you can't get the buyers, then it's not going to happen.

The site is still running. Maybe one day the buyers will find it and it will take off. I hope it does. There's some good stuff pop up on their from time to time. Categories similar to eBay, so something there for everyone.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

If it's the same one I'm thinking of, I tried that one. Complete waste of time. I did okay on quicksales until they deliberately sabotaged the site. It was really starting to take off. I think most of my buyers went to facebook or just stopped buying altogether when it died.
Message 13 of 13
Latest reply