Ebay Selling in the Covid-19 Era - Ebay should do more to support Sellers

Hi Everyone,

As a Seller, I just got my first Negative feedback due to Covid-19 and Australia Posts delayed deliveries (it actualy arrived the day before they left the neg feedback too), and I am sure it wont be the last one I get.

Now what is ebay doing about this, not alot that I can see. they have a little box saying they are supporting us, but big whoops, as usual with ebay it seems as long as they get our 10%, everything is business as usual.

- Firstly they should replace one of their Sliding Banners on the home page with:-

DELIVERIES WILL BE LATE!!

If you cannot wait or dont actually understand the situation with the World and Australia Post, then please re-consider ordering, as in most cases your delivery will be AT LEAST twice a long, if not more.

- Delivery times on most items have only been extended by a few days, they should be at least doubled, if you get it on time of earlier, then great, but at least indicate the real world delivery times at the moment.

- Item not recieved cases should not be able to be opened until at least 5 days after estimated delivery date, as we have got quite a few open and obviously will get more, and basically i am telling everyone the same thing, most are understanding but a few just think the world revolves around them and have no clue of whats happening.

- Negative feedback should not be instantanious, sellers should always be warned of NEG feedback before it goes up and given the right of reply to be able to work something out with the buyer or explain certain aspects of why what happened, but especially nowadays , thats how it should work.

There are many more things I could say, but not for now.

I know many many sellers are in the same situation as me, Covid-19 delays are causing headaches due to suppliers out of stock, AusPost deliveries being extremely late and then getting undeserving Negative Feedback, I am sure ebay will notice that the amount of Negative Feedback per seller will rise significantly over the next few months, lets see if they care and do anything about it.

Anyway, everyone take care out there, do the best you can and keep on going on.

Mike.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Ebay Selling in the Covid-19 Era - Ebay should do more to support Sellers

I think I would have contacted ebay support and asked them to remove that neg ... it's always best to use all your options before you leave reciprocal feedback.   Ebay can't support you if you don't let them know there is a problem.

How We’re Protecting you

We understand there may be cases where your handling time or the speed of your deliveries are affected. You may even have to unexpectedly amend or cancel your orders. To support you, we’ll ensure your seller standard isn’t negatively impacted between March 2020 and May 2020. We have further seller protections in place for sellers whose deliveries have been affected which you can read about on the Seller Centre.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

I have already reported it, But I will always defend myself against incorrect NEG feedback with reciprocal feedback, if it was my fault i will accept it.

But as I am sure Ebay have ALOT un-justified neg feedback to deal with due to late deliveries etc I guess it will take a while to clear it.

But the main gripe is that some buyers still seem to think delivery is as pernormal, they either dont understand or dont care, and obviously as sellers we are the ones who get all the blame.

Ebay REALLY needs to put warnings up that delivery times are just not what they used to be, but I guess that may affect sales, and therefore their commission.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

There are several posts here from buyers demanding to know where there item is (most where the mail would not deliver that fast in 'normal' times) or questioning why sellers 'won't' get things delivered or complaining even when their item has been delivered it what has honestly been amazingly fast that it was'nt fast enough

There will always be those who choose to claim they 'did'nt know' or 'the seller should have' or the postages delays do not exist at all and it's just an excuse

Personally (although I am not listing anything on my seller ID until things 'improve' I would rather eBay remove being able to leave feedback at all for the time being and have a better system for false claims

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Damn straight Sandy,

Sometimes I want to say to people, hey stick your head out the window, look left and right and see whats going on around you.

I am almost at the point of closing my store too, cause Ebay's lack of information warning buyers about shipping delays is pathetic.

Yeah and the Neg feedback will skyrocket over this time, hey here is a novel idea, maybe sellers can leave Neg feedback buyers too.. Oppss Ebay cut that one off years ago, damn...

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

@omahkulo wrote:

I have already reported it, But I will always defend myself against incorrect NEG feedback with reciprocal feedback, if it was my fault i will accept it.

The point was not that you should not leave feedback followup but that you should not leave it immediately.

If ebay removes the original negative all well and good....there is no record of it.

But ebay has been known to remove the negative but leave the followup so the world knows that there was a problem.

Sometimes sellers cut their own throats by jumping the gun and leaving followup fedback before exhausting their options for removal of the negative.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

what's your handling time?
Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

2 Days.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Well you didn't deserve that. You have every right to be upset. What more can you do beyond packaging securely and posting promptly with Australia's most reliable postal service? How is it your fault as the seller if it takes a month to arrive? 

Hopefully they will remove such unwarranted negs. I received a neg once for a parcel AP lost, eventually found after I opened an enquiry and delivered to the buyer, but copped a neg for the delay! Rang Ebay to request to have it removed saying I had done everything I should have done, spent ages packaging securely, posted next day, but they said they wouldn't remove it because it was the 'buyer's experience'. To say I was upset would be an understatement. The buyers forget we are normal regular human beings with families and lives. Sorry that happened to you

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks for your support, i am annoyed, but can only do what i can, but i am more disappointed that Ebay doesnt inform buyers whats going on and that deliveries are taking much longer.

Anyway, you take care out there..

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply