Ebay bites the hand that feeds it.

Under the guise of safety and protection Ebay has time and time again reiterated their ethos (or lack there of) as a global international label of 'authority'. Coupled with the **bleep**ised 'Paypal' that serves as no more the a siphen point for ebay to extract more money from the poor suckers who line up to barter their goods on this online marketplace.

Where did all this bias begin?

Sellers were equal here once: back in the day when they could combat those who deliberately extort and use what ever insidous means possible (and licensed, and even condoned through ebays 'buyer bias') to use the ebay bias to extract, hit and run after bleeing dry decent, abiding sellers on ebay, leaving sellers with a battle in their minds: Is tmy choking on the unethical bias enough to withstand my need to make money to support my family? How many gags must we yoke ourselves to? How many times do we have to feel the unwarranted heat of the bias before we 'throw in the towel' on the lure of money and just say: YOU KNOW WHAT **bleep** IT! I PAY 10% TO EBAY AND A CUT TO PAYPAL, but I donlt have freedom of speach to communicate to other sellers when a buyer uses ebay biased policy to exort you into satisfying them beyond what is required to ease the paranoia of unjust unfair or unwarranted negative or neutral feedback from buyers? 

I am not willing to withstand the bias anymore. When I try to uphold the law of the land as a seller and act with integrity

Every time I call on ebay customer support for help am presented with a printed dehumanised response, that makes me think every dollar I give them goes into the think tank: where a newer 'better' more advanced robotic red tape centric motherboard takes place of the old, steadfast to make us feel more invisible and powerless than we already feel.

SHAME EBAY SHAME! Give US SELLERS BACK OUR VOICE! Give me FAIRNESS! GIVE ME EQUALITY!

I THINK WE ALL HAVE A LEGAL CASE HERE FOR DISCRIMINATION- WE ALREADY SIGNED UP! YET THE INK ON THE CONTRACT WE SIGNED UP FOR CHANGES MONTH TO MONTH! **bleep**!!!!!!!!

SHAME EBAY SHAME! SHAME EBAY SHAME!

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Pls mind my **bleep** grammar and spelling.

Also my need to use capital letter: just so angry here: ebay used to be super cool. Now the biased super regulation leaves me feeling like a tool, blindly walking down a road, laying paving stones as I go, and when i get to the end of the path I am left facing a crystal place: Ebay HQ, which I am refused entry to...

SHAME EBAY SHAME!

@melbournegameframe wrote:

Under the guise of safety and protection Ebay has time and time again reiterated their ethos (or lack there of) as a global international label of 'authority'. Coupled with the **bleep**ised 'Paypal' that serves as no more the a siphen point for ebay to extract more money from the poor suckers who line up to barter their goods on this online marketplace.

Where did all this bias begin?

Sellers were equal here once: back in the day when they could combat those who deliberately extort and use what ever insidous means possible (and licensed, and even condoned through ebays 'buyer bias') to use the ebay bias to extract, hit and run after bleeing dry decent, abiding sellers on ebay, leaving sellers with a battle in their minds: Is tmy choking on the unethical bias enough to withstand my need to make money to support my family? How many gags must we yoke ourselves to? How many times do we have to feel the unwarranted heat of the bias before we 'throw in the towel' on the lure of money and just say: YOU KNOW WHAT **bleep** IT! I PAY 10% TO EBAY AND A CUT TO PAYPAL, but I donlt have freedom of speach to communicate to other sellers when a buyer uses ebay biased policy to exort you into satisfying them beyond what is required to ease the paranoia of unjust unfair or unwarranted negative or neutral feedback from buyers? 

I am not willing to withstand the bias anymore. When I try to uphold the law of the land as a seller and act with integrity

Every time I call on ebay customer support for help am presented with a printed dehumanised response, that makes me think every dollar I give them goes into the think tank: where a newer 'better' more advanced robotic red tape centric motherboard takes place of the old, steadfast to make us feel more invisible and powerless than we already feel.

SHAME EBAY SHAME! Give US SELLERS BACK OUR VOICE! Give me FAIRNESS! GIVE ME EQUALITY!

I THINK WE ALL HAVE A LEGAL CASE HERE FOR DISCRIMINATION- WE ALREADY SIGNED UP! YET THE INK ON THE CONTRACT WE SIGNED UP FOR CHANGES MONTH TO MONTH! **bleep**!!!!!!!!

SHAME EBAY SHAME! SHAME EBAY SHAME!

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I have been selling for several years .... the first few were great !

Every now and then I decide to call eBay customer support to have a 'chat'  .... that's impossible !  the response I get is the same as yours .... just read off a screen ... completely impersonal.   

Your're right .... .we don't have a voice any more ..... but what to do ?

I really don't think anyone has the answer ....

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Agreed,nobody likes or agrees with it.You don't need to sign anything,just listing an item auto counts as an agreement to terms & conditions.

It's a cold corporation that is as you said biting the hand that feeds it but do not for a minute expect a decision based of fairness or feelings.The only thing that will affect any policy or decision is the stock market & profits.I'm sure that if eBay could walk over the buyer to squeeze more free $ out of them,they would.

They allow reported scam sellers & listings,shill bidders & big brand sellers  to constantly rip off buyers & make them unhappy because they get fees from it.Their buyer centric policies may seem like they care or value them but that isn't true either.

They allow scam buyers to continue also because they still get fees from their constant "buying" regardless.

eBay squeeze sellers because they can.

Use the system as it uses you.

Inform yourself or rules,policy,systems & tips to protect yourself as much as possible & hope for the best.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

it might be time to give some other buy/sell Aussie sights a trial

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

selling on epay used to be great! like shooting fish in a barrell! 100% sales rate nearly every week! The slide began with the DSR BULLSH*T & well we know all the rest... feedback,fees,return policies, the "if you dont like it p*ss off email< there's no love left anymore! I've closed 4 selling names, glad not to be dealing with such vermin as this mob.... all $$$$ in my pocket now.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

@dotm2004 wrote:

I have been selling for several years .... the first few were great !

Every now and then I decide to call eBay customer support to have a 'chat'  .... that's impossible !  the response I get is the same as yours .... just read off a screen ... completely impersonal.   

Your're right .... .we don't have a voice any more ..... but what to do ?

I really don't think anyone has the answer ....

Just had a thought.We do have an answer.Like the title says "ebay bites the hand that feeds it".

If everyone stopped selling here what then? They would either relax all these foolish policies they keep putting out or close shop.It was great selling here but all these policies have scarred me..Just got an email from them stating more new policies coming in feb 2015..>>rolls eyes<<

Ebay use to be fun but its far far from it now.!!Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

cant come quick enough..hurry hurry Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

I've seen the NZ Trade Me and it does look good and does seem to have a lot of activity.

It reminds me a little bit of Gumtree over here.

I think Gumtree could be a real possibility, it just needs to get some better system in place for small purchases/posting.

I've sold a couple of things on there where people have asked to have them posted and they paid into my bank account, and I have posted the things off but really, those buyers are taking a huge risk with their money (lucky I'm honest).

I have also tried listing on Quick sales and the set up there is very good, with a weekly progress report but unfortunately it doesn't seem to have viewers or any sort of public profile. I had only two views of one of my items in over 3 weeks, and only about 7 views on another item. Both sold in 5 days on ebay.

That's the catch, isn't it. Another selling platform needs to have some publicity so people know it exists.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply