Ebay cannot connect to paypal - is anyone else getting this message?

I've been trying to pay my ebay account via paypal for a couple of days.  A message on the payment page says Ebay cannot connect to Paypal atm, try again later.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Thank you

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Ebay cannot connect to paypal - is anyone else getting this message?

Why would ebay mark it hard to pay them? The sooner they get their fees, the more interest they earn on the money.

Also, ebay would probably prefer people use paypal to pay their fees because I'd bet they've got an agreement with paypal where they pay minimal fees, if any, but the banks would charge them the same as they do other businesses who accept credit card payments.

The new system has the advantage of showing both the current balance and the amount on the most recent invoice. The previous system always defaulted to the highest figure.
Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

I have just purchased something off Ebay, no problems paying PP for it. 

Tried again to pay fees, no go. So its a problem between paying fees with Paypal. 

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

Might have been okay on sunday, this is Tuesday, anything can happen with in 2 days. I only tried today.
Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

But the OP said 2 days, which would be Sunday.

And brer paid since then.

The question was if it was happening to anybody else. 2 of us say no, you say yes.

On the balance of probabilities, it is unlikely to be an eBay issue, or it would affect everybody.

Have you cleared cache and cookies, rebooted? That is the usual fix, and at least rules out it being your computer.

Other than that I have no suggestions. Maybe ring eBay and talk to somebody in Manila earning 3 pesos per hour.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

My automatic payments came out from PayPal no problems yesterday and today (multiple accounts).

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

My automatic payments came out from PayPal no problems yesterday and today (multiple accounts).

Ditto

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

Ebay problems can affect some people and not others. I had problems the first time I tried.
Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

I spoke with Ebay yesterday as I still can't pay my account with Paypal.  She said she could see there was a problem and would report it to the technical department!    She said not to worry as I have until 15th July to pay my account...I'm sure if I left it until then I would be getting reminder emails.

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

I hope she does as she says she will

I think a few of us here would be well off indeed given a dollar for each time we have been told be eBay CS 'they will raise it with tech

That said, they last couple have indeed done as they said they would, so fingers crossed that becomes the norm from now on

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

Finally able to pay my account with Paypal just now.  

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply