Ebay cannot verify personal info after registering for Managed Payments

I signed up for the new Managed Payments system a few weeks ago.

A couple of days ago I got a red bar at the top of my Seller Hub saying they cannot verify some of my information.

I've had a look and everything is correct, except that there are "xxx"'s over the day and month of my birthdate.

When I click on it, it says the DOB is in an incorrect format.....but there is only one format to put it in DD/MM/YYY.

Anyone else having this stupid problem?

UPDATE: Just saw there is a link to upload photo ID, which I guess it what we'll all need to do in the end.

Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Try reversing the DD/MM fields if nothing else works. I recently had to input a date into the Aus Post website, and on one particular paged despite asking for input in the usual DD/MM/YYYY format we use here in Australia, it would only accept it when entered in MM/DD/YYYY format.

Evidently is was using some underlying script or programming that followed the US formatting.

It's worth a shot at least.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 2 of 47
Latest reply

Sorry if this is a silly question, but could it be a digit issue? Eg if someone born on 1st January inputs 1/1 instead of 01/01, some systems will reject it.
Message 3 of 47
Latest reply

could also be Friday 'meltdown'
Message 4 of 47
Latest reply

Uploading a passport photo 'seems' to have done the trick but I get the

feeling that the red nag will return because I uploaded the image when

I first signed up.

Maybe it's the date format thing but I must wait for the next nag.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cosmologically speaking we are all little more than a bacterial film on a soft rock hurtling through an unimaginable void.
Don't take it all too seriously.
Message 5 of 47
Latest reply

I did send a passport pic, and then about an hour later I got an email confirmation that they were able to verify, so I guess all seems ok.

I think it is better to send a passport pic than a drivers licence for security purposes. If your passport ever gets stolen/used for nefarious purposes, you can cancel it and another will be issued with a new number. However, your drivers licence number never changes, so it is worse for you in terms of identity theft.

Message 6 of 47
Latest reply

I've never owned a passport. 

Message 7 of 47
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

I did send a passport pic, and then about an hour later I got an email confirmation that they were able to verify, so I guess all seems ok.

I think it is better to send a passport pic than a drivers licence for security purposes. If your passport ever gets stolen/used for nefarious purposes, you can cancel it and another will be issued with a new number. However, your drivers licence number never changes, so it is worse for you in terms of identity theft.

Ditto here.

I think that the problem was that the ebay form only let me input firstname/lastname, which doesn't match the Passport and Bank details showing my full name

Message 8 of 47
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

If you find you need one, now's the time to get it, they are approving them within 4 working days, and delivering them within 6 working days, instead of the normal 3-4 weeks.

Message 9 of 47
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

And you never will...

"THIS PASSPORT REMAINS THE PROPERTY OF

THE AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT"

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 10 of 47
Latest reply