Ebay doesn't want my money...

It seems Ebay no longer wants to receive seller fees from me. I have contacted Ebay 3 times via their email contact option in the past 2 weeks. I have received no response from them whatsoever. For about a month now I have been having a problem with my listings not appearing in best match search results. As a results my sales have been abysmal. Because of this I have started focusing more on our website and sales through this have been improving quite well. So much so that I am actually considering ditching Ebay as a selling avenue. I don't understand why Ebay isn't interested in helping sellers. I have paid Ebay and Paypal (which is owned by Ebay) over $200,000 in fees over the years. You would think they would want to keep sellers who are earning them revenue.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Ebay doesn't want my money...

Have you tried calling them to let them know the fee payments are not going through?

Click on Customer Support

and follow the prompts to contact ebay and then call us.

Might get a quicker response than the emails.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Sorry but I can't help chuckling....

Best match was only ever intended to match items from big sellers that generate lots of fees for eBay stInc, but they never even managed to match it to that.

I never buy on ebay without changing search results from the default, corrupt, worst match to something relevant like price or timing.

By the way, they do want your money, they just lost sight of the idea that you have to get something in return.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

sparklz - yes I called them. The agent I spoke to checked and confirmed that my listings were not appearing on the first 10 pages of search results. He said the he was going to pass this on to the technical team and that someone would be in touch with me once they'd looked into it. That was over 2 weeks ago and I havent heard a thing.

beadsandweeds - I agree with what you say about best match. However, regarding changing the default view for search results, I don't believe that most buyers on ebay do this. Experienced ebayers like yourself do, the average punter doesn't. If they did, this issue I'm having with best match wouldn't be affecting my sales, which it most definitely is.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

nirv, I didn't mean for a second to doubt the damaging effect on your sales, and I hope I didn't seem unsympathetic.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

"Sorry but I can't help chuckling....

Best match was only ever intended to match items from big sellers that generate lots of fees for eBay stInc, but they never even managed to match it to that."

I don't think they do that but if it's true , good for them. If you would run eBay you would do the same thing. It's a business and it's runned to make profit , not to make you happy. eBay makes $1 billion a day profit and they do it because they know how. If you don't like the way they run their busines, well ...bad luck. Instead of focusing to make or improve your business on ebay,  you choose to blame them and move on. To sell on eBay, like in any online business,  you have adapt and improve every day. Thousands of sellers do it. It's hard but is not rocket science ...

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

"I agree with what you say about best match. However, regarding changing the default view for search results, I don't believe that most buyers on ebay do this. Experienced ebayers like yourself do, the average punter doesn't. If they did, this issue I'm having with best match wouldn't be affecting my sales, which it most definitely is."

I have called ebay twice in the last couple of months about this very issue, as none of my auctions were coming up in the best match results, & sunk without a trace, as you had to click on ending soonest on every one of them, which very few people do, as you pointed out.

It was like banging my head against a brick wall as I tried to convince the staffer that, no, best match IS NOT the best match for me at all, and item ending soonest is what people want to, and should be seeing.

I mean, It's an auction for crying out loud, OF COURSE it is what ebay buyers should be seeing, not what ebay wants them to see.

But, it obviously suits ebay and their shareholders, so I can't see things changing anytime soon sadly,

But it's definitely a borderline, legal scam imo.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I sympathise with your situation. I am an "old" buyer but a 'new' seller, as an old buyer I can tell you that I do change the search options and have done since day one on ebay, all my friends  do the same.

As a 'new' seller I have no frame of reference in relation to "best match" searches and its effect on my sales I do however get fed up with cheap foreign carp & fake items coming up in searches for Aus only in my category so I can only imagine how frustrating it myst be in a broader search perameter like "best match".

Wish you the best. 

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@bitmb wrote:

"Sorry but I can't help chuckling....

Best match was only ever intended to match items from big sellers that generate lots of fees for eBay stInc, but they never even managed to match it to that."

I don't think they do that but if it's true , good for them. If you would run eBay you would do the same thing. It's a business and it's runned to make profit , not to make you happy. eBay makes $1 billion a day profit and they do it because they know how. If you don't like the way they run their busines, well ...bad luck. Instead of focusing to make or improve your business on ebay,  you choose to blame them and move on. To sell on eBay, like in any online business,  you have adapt and improve every day. Thousands of sellers do it. It's hard but is not rocket science ...

That is the wrong attitude. Regardless of how much profit ebay make they need to do all that they can for their members.

TCT
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Keep at it with your website. Set up a Facebook page to promote your web store and hopefully you can bypass eBay all together. I'm on the verge of shutting up shop here doing just this, and let me tell you, my web store and direct Facebook sales are up to 500 times better than on here...NO FEES except for Paypal and $20 per month for my online store! Good luck with it all x
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply