Ebay giving me A4 Aus Post Postage Label when i select 4" x 6"

Trying to get my new Dymo 4Xl label printer working and noticed ebay will give me an A4 label not the selected 4" x 6" but when i click preview it shows me the correct 4" x 6" label that prints perfectly.

Any one have any idea? i just created a postage label three times and all three times it gave me an A4 label not the 4" x 6" yet the previews label works 100% every time ebay juist wont give me the 4" x 6" i select and save.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I really can't help you with this except to suggest checking with Dymo. We only have a Dymo Labelwriter and have found Dymo to be very helpful when we had problems, so they may have an answer or suggestion for you. As for "creating" a label three times...if you have done that you will get charged for three labels. You would need to cancel two of them, and you only have a couple of days to do that. You won't be refunded for them for around three weeks. On the other hand if you only "created" one and printed three, then you would only get charged for one label. Just one more suggestion...have you tried printing something else out (not an eBay label) in the size you want to see if your machine will do that?

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

It isn't a dymo issue though, it's eBay giving me a A4 pdf to print front instead of the 4" x 6" that I select on their website before I create label.

The machine works perfectly.
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Check out these videos on uTube. I won't put the links here, just type in the headings as pictured and search.Annotation 2020-04-26 155227.jpg

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

The 'joys' of eBay postage... NOT.  Move to MyPost and enjoy better postage discounts.

Dymo labelers <GROAN>

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

The Dymo may be ok, but there may be a workaround...If Dymo can't help, uTube has the answer to most problems. It is always my first place to look. I have found and fixed all sorts of problems by searching uTube. I have just fixed my leaking fridge.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

@abro1049 wrote:

Trying to get my new Dymo 4Xl label printer working and noticed ebay will give me an A4 label not the selected 4" x 6" but when i click preview it shows me the correct 4" x 6" label that prints perfectly.

Any one have any idea? i just created a postage label three times and all three times it gave me an A4 label not the 4" x 6" yet the previews label works 100% every time ebay juist wont give me the 4" x 6" i select and save.

Same label?

Better check you haven't been charged 3 times.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Can you just change the page size when you select to print? 

You can also save labels to PDF, then open the saved file and change to 4x6" page size when printing. If you don't print from PDFs often, you can change the default page size as well, so that every time you open a PDF and select print, it auto-selects 4x6". That's the best workaround I can think of, without knowing how to troubleshoot and fix within eBay, anyway.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

it's not an issue with dymo though, the issue is im selecting 4" x 6" and not getting that aft6er i click create label, the preview image works perfectly and is 4" x 6" but after i click create label ebay gives me an A4 label.

Sure i can change the size to get it to fit but this makes the label smaller than it should be.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Im surprised no one else is having or noticed this issue, ive also noticed ebay giving me a label with the incorrect weight on it too multiple times.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply