Ebay managed payments (Australia) Opt out or alternative payment options to bank deposit

Ebay Australia's switch over to managed payments (for my business) is a major impediment not a benefit.

I am a seller who uses my paypal funds received from sales (on a near daily basis) to send payments across the globe primarily for business.

Under the new Ebay managed payments, I will now have to wait up to 2+ business days to now have my sales funds deposited into my bank account from Ebay (maybe another business day before the inefficient banks here process the payment) & then will have to process another transfer back to Paypal (Another 5+ business days) - I now have no other option around this after numerous chats/calls to Ebay customer service/accounts trying to opt out of managed payments or seek an alternative. The current system works well for me, even if I have to pay a higher cost.

As a seller, I personally couldn't care less about Paypal's spin off from Ebay & the 'business rift' that has developed between the two but there has to been an alternative (Hyperwallet etc) or some businesses will suffer from this narrow minded approach & could potentially leave the platform - is this in Ebay's interest?

Message 1 of 152
Latest reply
151 REPLIES 151

Re: Ebay managed payments (Australia) Opt out or alternative payment options to bank deposit

Still no resolution to the ongoing problem with PAYOUTS I ahve been wainting sinece 3rd March with none. I have contacted the so called experts and the all say they have fixed this problem, NOT YET, it seams. I will keep tryng but I'm sure I am not the only one with this ongoing problem

Message 71 of 152
Latest reply

Re: Ebay managed payments (Australia) Opt out or alternative payment options to bank deposit

I've had no payouts either....they promised and promised it'd be resolved by now. They insisted I'd been paid so I must send items, now Ive sent a lot of items and I'm learning others were told don't send items until money cleared.  So now I gotta hope I'm not a grand outta pocket.

Message 72 of 152
Latest reply

I have just received a link to say that my details have to be verified. This link comes up on the Seller Hub which hasn't been there since the change over. When I chatted to the support team they said it had to be but,as I explained there was no link.

Now this has been done and verified I expect the funds to start flowing which might take a few days.

Hopefully this might be the end of my frustration.

You would have thought that the transition from the old to the new would have been a lot smoother.

Message 73 of 152
Latest reply

@ballaratgold wrote:

I have just received a link to say that my details have to be verified. This link comes up on the Seller Hub which hasn't been there since the change over. When I chatted to the support team they said it had to be but,as I explained there was no link.

Now this has been done and verified I expect the funds to start flowing which might take a few days.

Hopefully this might be the end of my frustration.

You would have thought that the transition from the old to the new would have been a lot smoother.

It's good of them to tell you all is good now just in time for the weekend where nothing gets processed.

I was told to post items other wise there would be consequences so it's she said he said

Message 74 of 152
Latest reply

The person I chatted to in the customer service department told me not to post of fitems until the funds had been cleared into my account that was on the 9th March. because there was a glitch on their side.

Message 75 of 152
Latest reply

But does ebay think a buyer is going to be sympathetic towards you when their item arrives later than they expected?

Ebay's own policy states that once payment has been made by a buyer then you need to post within your timeframe.

Due to all of these glitches I have now changed my postage time to 10 days 

Message 76 of 152
Latest reply

my handling time is also 10 days.....but 30 is looking good 🙂
Message 77 of 152
Latest reply

I was told to send items, even though eBay haven't released any money in 12 days. They were adamant. 

Message 78 of 152
Latest reply

From what I have read on the varioius threads this seems to be the correct procedure sunshine.

As I understand it, once payment is receved by eBay/Adyen you will receive a message saying 'please sned item now' or something like that, so if anything does go awry I imagine that eBay notification would be enough for any dispute with them later down the track.

Not good having to wait so long, but hopefully the hiccups will be ironed out and money will begin to flow in regularly once you are over the initial wait period.

Message 79 of 152
Latest reply

gees tippy toes i thought sycophantic  shills opps i mean shill bidders were  thing of the past..keep it up...

Message 80 of 152
Latest reply