Ebay not as described now paypal dispute

Person buys item and it is sealed and comes with protective cover for posting. They recieve and protective cover has come of sealed item. So now they say its ruined and did a ebay Not as described. Item number 142035927034

I approved a return request

I uploaded return label tracking and sent on 26/7/2016 for return.

I get email 29/7/2016 from pay pal to say Not as described open and go into the ebay request which now states

This request has been closed due to a PayPal dispute being opened for the same order. For more information about the PayPal dispute, you can visit PayPal's dispute resolution centre.

What are they doing any ideas

When they buy and have problem they freely will neg even for postage time and seem to have a few warranty claims

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

This is the second time in a few days that a member has come to the boards in regards to an ebay dispute being closed automatically by the opening of a paypal dispute.

I don't think anyone has ever heard of this before.

As you have already sent the return postage label I would just answer the paypal dispute and upload the details....make sure they understand that you have done all you can for the buyer until you get the item back.

At least paypal is more inclined to hold the refund until the goods are returned unlike ebay who will refund as soon as the buyer asks them to step in.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I would be on the phone to PayPal and discuss this case with them.

On the very rare occasion I have had to deal with PayPal CSR's I have found them to be much more helpful and understanding than the ebay robots are.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

This is the second time in a few days that a member has come to the boards in regards to an ebay dispute being closed automatically by the opening of a paypal dispute.

I don't think anyone has ever heard of this before.

As you have already sent the return postage label I would just answer the paypal dispute and upload the details....make sure they understand that you have done all you can for the buyer until you get the item back.

At least paypal is more inclined to hold the refund until the goods are returned unlike ebay who will refund as soon as the buyer asks them to step in.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I would be on the phone to PayPal and discuss this case with them.

On the very rare occasion I have had to deal with PayPal CSR's I have found them to be much more helpful and understanding than the ebay robots are.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I did look on boards first and even put in search but didnt get any hits thats why I asked I have read things before and I thopught you could only do one.

This morning Its been escalated now

Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Looked at the item number..............................................

My eyes!              

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Looked at the item number..............................................

My eyes!              

Was it the pink candy that caused your eyes to saucer or one/all the other listing.? Didn't think these type of items were ok to list on EB. I can't see the listing the OP is referring to so I'm not gunna go there.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Certainly throws a whole new light on 'party favours'

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Gives a new meaning to melon baller

Does 'Willy' Wonker know about these?   Gobstopper indeed 

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

They must really want to keep or have already licked it because they dont want to return even though I sent a return postage

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Didn't think these type of items were ok to list on EB.

its not a Vibrator its a lolly pop

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply