Ebay not issuing a refund after the case being decided in my favour

I opened a case for a $900 item and i won the case.
Now it has been 15 days and still no refund. Ebay customer care is not sure why this is the case and can see that the money for the transaction cant be traced.

The seller is still openly selling on ebay.

How is that possible?

Help!
Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Ebay not issuing a refund after the case being decided in my favour

If you paid via PayPal backed up by a credit card it will go back to your credit card.

Have you checked your credit card ?

image host
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

That makes no sense at all.

Find the transaction in your paypal account and see if the refund has been initiated.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Nope cant see an initiation of refund in Paypal.
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Yes. Not initiated.
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

@webme-di-uwfqa1 wrote:

Now it has been 15 days and still no refund. Ebay customer care is not sure why this is the case and can see that the money for the transaction cant be traced.

That sounds a bit dismissive, I would not be happy with a "we dunno" and them not offering anything beyond that - as in, they should be doing something about it and providing you with information about what will happen from here.

It does seem to be a somewhat common occurrence though, with high value cases, as they are handled differently by ebay and often seem to need further review even after a decision has been made, eg a case will be "decided" but it drags out for ages while eBay continue to review it due to the value, or if the other party has disputed the outcome. 

I'd contact them again, via phone, and not hang up until I had a clear understanding of what they will be doing and when the refund will be issued. If they have decided a case in your favour, they owe you the funds, no matter where it comes from (as per the MBG, by which I mean it doesn't matter if the seller still had the funds available in their account, you should get a refund regardless). 

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Frome their completed listings that watch has been sold 6 TIMES...................eeek.

Mention that when you phone eBay, or preferably get them to call you back. (you seem to get a better CS rep that way)

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

The IWC watch also sold multiple times. Very rare item as are the others.

Looks like a dodgy or hijacked account.

image host
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

How did u find that out? The thing is the seller was dodgy from start to end. And all my alarm bells went ringing. I wonder how he is still allowed to trade on ebay.
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

By looking at his completed listings.

I would select one of his current listings and report it as fraudulent to eBay and let them have a look.

You should get your refund, did you check your credit card ?

image host
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply