Ebay not issuing a refund after the case being decided in my favour

I opened a case for a $900 item and i won the case.
Now it has been 15 days and still no refund. Ebay customer care is not sure why this is the case and can see that the money for the transaction cant be traced.

The seller is still openly selling on ebay.

How is that possible?

Help!
Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Ebay not issuing a refund after the case being decided in my favour

That false positive feedback the seller has left for you, ring eBay and get them to remove it. It's a violation of their policies and it's another way the seller will get his butt kicked. It's not unusal for sellers to be sanctioned for leaving false positives.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Yes i did. But no money.
Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

@webme-di-uwfqa1, I'm so sorry you've had this runaround from eBay.

You should contact eBay and politely but firmly request that the refund be actioned within a certain timeframe. Given the time it's already taken, something like "within the next 10 minutes" sounds like the mot juste. But perhaps be more generous, and make it - say - 24 hours.

eBay's "Have us call you" option is by far the best way to get in touch with eBay. (Emails are useless, for a number of reasons, but primarily because the responses, when they are finally sent, are bot-generated.)

eBay say: We'll call you at the phone number registered to your account, or you can enter a different number.

Weโ€™re available from 8am to 10pm AET, 7 days a week.

Politely but firmly explain that unless the refund is actioned within the timeframe you specify, you will be initiating a chargeback via your card provider.

That's scenario 1. (And remain polite and friendly at all times.)

You could also contact PayPal - Call PayPal Customer Service

1800 073 263 (toll free)
+61 2 8223 9500

Go to this page (https://www.paypal.com/au/smarthelp/contact-us) for your one-off passcode.
[You'll be asked to enter this unique code on the phone.)

Customer Service hours

6am to 10pm AEST Monday to Friday
8am to 7pm AEST Saturday and Sunday

... and if PayPal don't assist with an immediate refund, you could then contact the FOS (Financial Ombudsman Service) and open a claim against PayPal for the amount owed.

If you can get eBay to provide the refund, that would be the best and fastest option.

In either case, make sure you record the call - external recorder, and get the CS rep's agreement at the start. Take notes, and make sure you have a summary at the end of the call. And ... don't let eBay fob you off. You should decide upon the timeframe for action before you call, and don't be talked into any delay. You have waited long enough. If eBay don't provide the refund while you're on the phone with them (or within the timeframe that you decide upon), post here again for the next step to get this resolved.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply