Ebay now want to have access to my bank account and control all matters

Ebay wants to enable themselves a larger scope of financial benefit by allowing new or updated buyer payment methods. It now wants access to my bank account for payments and obviously seller fee access. Paypal are safe and I am able to discuss issues if they arrive in person to person oral communication. How can i trust an organisation that does not have human to human contact if there is an issue. If someone has direct access to my bank account and there is an issue who do I speak to , the ombudsman, This territory maybe a little too rocky for me to travel. I think the inabilty to directly speak to someone if there is an issue has put an end to my selling. I don't sell a lot, the gear i sell has a market and has local sales. are there any other sellers pulling up stumps in the selling on ebay or are all happy to have there details handled without possibilty of a telephone call to discuss any issues that arrive. If you think this is a knee jerk reaction, have you ever had to deal with a bank or other institution when there are issues with your finances, how much did they care.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Ebay now want to have access to my bank account and control all matters

Could not agree more. I thought the email from eby asking for my bank details was a phishing scam! VERY shocked this is apparently the way they are heading.

Won't be selling here again.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: Ebay now want to have access to my bank account and control all matters

Bye Joan and Lisa. It was nice knowing you.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply