Ebay phone verification on listings recurring problem - please read and help if you can ; )

Hi,

I'm having ongoing issues with my selling account in regards to buyers/bidders having to verify their phone numbers before bidding.

In October 2015 I place the phone verification on all my listings due to a ebayer feedback bombing my account.

After this ebayer was stopped, I removed the phone verification from my listings through my account settings.

I was messaged by a great many ebayers saying they could not bid on my items as they needed to verify their phone number. This was strange as I had removed the verification already. In order to help out, I unchecked each of my listings for sale so that the phone verification was manually removed.

Since then, even though I remove the verification, they still appear on my listings. Even when I revise an old listing they appear. I have even tried listing totally new listings, not connected with any old listings, no change, same verification issue arises.

I have contacted ebay by phone on at least 4 occasions, to be told this is not an ebay system glitch/problem, yet nothing is ever done to fix it for me.

I continue to be messaged by ebayers saying they cannot bid and blame me....yes me, for the problem.

As I said to April on Saturday afternoon when I rang ebay again, this is a problem, this needs to be fixed and I have done everything in my power to fix this. I asked her what my $1500 per month ebay fees go towards if they cannot help me?

Out of patience and want a solution. Losing money every time someone cannot bid!

JB
JB Military Antiques

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ebay phone verification on listings recurring problem - please read and help if you can ; )

Check that the box isn't ticked in your buyer requirements. If it is, it could be over riding any changes you make http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Re: Ebay phone verification on listings recurring problem - please read and help if you can ; )

Thanks Tippy toes. Did that in the first instance, yet according to ebay this 'may' not solve the problem.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Had a similar issue with buyer requirements, every time I set it and go back to edit the listing it reverted automatically to the previous setting, problem was fixed by the technical team at ebay, it virtually had to be spelt out to customer service as to what the problem is.

They wrote an email with the explanation, passed it on, and I got a reply email from the guy who took charge and fixed it.

It may take a couple of goes at it in order to get it that far to the right people to look at your problem.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply