Ebay please give us some free listings

Ebay please give us some free listings.

I only have one active item now and 297 sitting in my unsold section waiting for free listings.

I haven't had any free listings this month except the 40 each month.

I am really worried some of my items will disappear as they will be more than 60 days old.

I can't afford listing fees or store costs.

Please ebay help us all.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Did ya try this one?

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/2664

Otherwise - no luck

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Manage your listings better?

Any you listed with the November freebies could have lasted for 40 days. The last one ran 26-29 Nov, so they should still be active unless you sold them all.

Free listings are an eBay bone, not a right. And you'll get 40 on Friday week.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

If you have that many, why dont you open a store?  its only $20 a month - I have one and consistently manage to list over 240 BN free of charge each month (because of overlaping start / end dates).

Even with the fee, I make more per month with a store than without one.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

I've got 1300 listed on my store ID, and pay for a max of 500 (@5c) every 4 months due to the 3 free relists.

Works for me.

But I am not interested in the eBay auction con and have a good idea of value. Those I'm not sure of, I add best offer to.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

We have used our monthly allocation of 40 on each of our three auction ids this month and only two items have sold. Barely any views on the 120 items listed
It really is getting to the point where it seems like a total waste of time even listing items for auction.
So we are not too worried if/not we get handed any extra freebies ad more than likely we wouldn't bother to use them anyway.
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Given that eBay gave out 600 in November, I'll be very surprised if they give any more out until new year. I only get 40 free listings a month too, plus the promotions when they come out. I don't depend on the promotions because they could stop at any time. When I found that 40 a month wasn't enough for me, I opened a second account. If I find down the track that the 80 isn't enough, I'll open a 3rd account.

Too many people have become dependant on the promotions, which is crazy. I love them as much as the next person does, but I won't get myself in a tizz if they stop. I know how to manage my listings. Stores used to get regular promotions too. They had one last January, then they got nothing until November. There's a chance they will do that with us non stores too.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Precisely the reason why I don't have a store. If I was actually shifting 200 items a month it would be worth having a store account, but I'm lucky to hit 20 a month; everything just sits there month after month being relisted over and over again until someone decides to buy something.

15 items sold this month so far, 32 listings in the unsold pile, 12 free listings left, and about 50 running their last or second last round of the 3 free relists from last month's bonus listings before they too end up in the unsold pile. Not to mention the pile of old DVDs I haven't even been able to list yet. Who wants to list things for $3 each when it costs $1.50 plus eBay and PayPal tax on top of that? Almost better off dumping everything at Cash Converters - I say almost, because I know they'll offer me something ridiculous like 20 cents per disc!
Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Regarding your concern that your items will disappear...

If you can't open a store then use TurboLister.  This way you keep all your items, photos, data, postage, etc, all stored and ready to go at any time.  With its "edit multiple items" feature it makes preparing things very easy before putting them up also.

Otherwise, store the content in a Word DOC or text file or something and copy and paste.

On another note, we had two non-store free listings close together around the start of the month from memory, so they've already been quite generous to us.  No doubt there will be a "get rid of your unwanted Christmas presents" or "bring in the new year" offer after the big day at some stage.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

to imastawta - alas it didn't work for me but thanks anyway

to davewil1964 - I know when i listed a lot of the items the Auto relist button was missing. Even when I tried to revise them it was still gone.  So now when the 10 day listing finishes thats it for the month.

to Saarzi - I have only sold 7 cheap items on this acount this month so a store cost is not possible. I just wouldn't make any money.

to tippytoes - I already have several selling accounts and manage ok with those, and don't wish to open any more.

I was not able to access all the free listings in November on all my accounts. It's always hit and miss whether i get any at all. In the past I have always listed items with the promotional listings, now I rely on them just to get my items relisted because the 40 per month is never enough. When the unsold items get to 60 days old, they disappear. Then you have all that work relisting them again. grr

Anyway thanks to everyone for your replys. I really appreciate it.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply