Ebay postage label tracking not updating

About 5 days ago I sold 2 items and printed out a label via ebay for the 500g ebay satchel. This then the tracking number ebay has given me has not updated at all, just wondering if this is normal.
Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Ebay postage label tracking not updating

Ok it has been over a week since I posted the 2 parcels in a red box, the tracking numbers both still have not been updated.

Now there is a cause for concern because both items are worth $200 each, and the buyers say they have not received the item nor have the parcels been returned to me. 

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

There have only been 5 working days for Australia Post since you posted the item (if indeed you did post them on Sunday).  If they were not deliverd before Christmas they will not be delivered now until the 29th at the earliest.

As already stated, posting them in a street box is not much use for tracking.....often they are not tracked until they are delivered.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

If it's still in transit, it's unlikey to update at all until Thursday, as that's Aus Post's next delivery day (some post offices will be open on Wednesday, and mail might be processed at facilities but I don't know for sure, only that no deliveries will take place from 24th to 29th).

So if it was posted last week, by Thursday of this week it still would have been only 4-5 business days since posting, or thereabouts, which is unfortunate but pretty average so hopefully you'll get an update by then - best to advise the buyer of all this info too, as they may not be aware of Aus Post's extended holidays during this period. 

Edit: posted a minute too late. Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

At $200ea, I would have been sending with SOD, insurance and handing over the counter for a lodgement scan. You can still get a lodgement scan with prepaid postage.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

I would question several things here -

1. Why would you expect any tracking events on Public Holidays; and

2. Why would your buyer expect delivery on Public Holidays?

Whilst I certainly hope you don't do your dough, this may be a blessing in disguise. It gives you cause to have a look at your business practices. Never chuck valuable items in a red box - lodge them over the counter. Always insure them - build the cost ($1.50/$100) into your price. The buyer is certainly not going to CHOOSE to pay more money when they are covered for loss by both eBay and Paypal.

If your margins don't allow for SOD and insurance on $200 items, rethink what you are selling and why.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

From the aus post website:

Holiday trading & delivery
Here's when we'll be open and delivering during the Christmas and New Year break:

Thursday 22 December: Post Offices open, we're delivering. Last day for posting Express Post items for guaranteed* next-day delivery.
Friday 23 December: Post Offices open, we're delivering

Saturday 24 December: Post Offices open, no deliveries

Sunday 25 December - Christmas Day: Post Offices closed, no deliveries

Monday 26 December - Boxing Day: Post Offices closed, no deliveries

Tuesday 27 December - Boxing Day public holiday: Post Offices closed, no deliveries

Wednesday 28 December - Australia Post authorised holiday: Post Offices open (selected only), no deliveries

Thursday 29 December: Post Offices open, we're delivering

Friday 30 December: Post Offices open, we're delivering

Saturday 31 December: Post Offices open, no deliveries

Sunday 1 January - New Year's Day: Post Offices closed, no deliveries

Monday 2 January - New Year's Day public holiday: Post Offices closed, no deliveries

Tuesday 3 January: Post Offices open, we're delivering

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

I do have SOD and the insurance through the ebay postage label, but yes from now on I will post them over the counter.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply