Ebay postage labels

Is anyone else having an issue with the Ebay generated postage labels not scanning at Australia Post,

so therefore no tracking information able to be received ?  I asked Ebay and they said it is a known issue

but it's not on their announcement page.  I'm wondering where this leaves me if the parcel gets lost ?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ebay postage labels

when there a isuue like that get the postmaster to put their own barcode over the e-bay one.......

most issue with the 8380 series.....

then edit the number on the item you sold .....

problem solved.......

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

The problem with simply getting a new tracking number is that unless something like a lodgement receipt is filled out and stamped, there won't be any documentation to show the address the new number is assigned to - there was a similar issue with Click and Send at one stage, or at least I came across a number of post office staff that didn't know how to process the lodgement and often would put a new tracking barcode over the C&S generated one, which made the entire process of getting the label and package documentation pointless because the tracking number associated with that label would never be lodged, nor delivered. 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Trouble was I got my hubby to post and he came back & just said they accepted the parcel but it wouldn't scan. This is the second time it happened and I did report to ebay and they said it's a known issue that they are trying to fix. Now I'm worried the parcel won't get delivered
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I was the first person to report this to ebay (last week) and they recreated the problem and advised that it won't be fixed for 2 weeks (end of next week presumably).  I cancelled my label and am now only posting direct at PO (AP satchels etc) until this is fixed.  Ebay advised me to do this as if you post with an invalid bar code you may get a dishonest buyer who can do an item not received and get their money back thru PayPal.  No tracking, no proof of posting, you lose as a seller.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply