Ebay says says I can have 400 free auction or fixed price listings per month, but charges....

Ebay says I can have 400 free auction or fixed price listings per month until October, and yet charges me when I attempt to list an auction. Anyone know why this would be happening?

I've tried asking them on live chat but the person could barely understand English and I had to give up.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Ebay says says I can have 400 free auction or fixed price listings per month, but charges....

@kustomizer99 wrote:

Ebay says I can have 400 free auction or fixed price listings per month until October, and yet charges me when I attempt to list an auction. Anyone know why this would be happening?

I've tried asking them on live chat but the person could barely understand English and I had to give up.

Good morning,

Think the auctions only apply in the Collectables Catergory.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

@cmcoins2000 wrote:

@kustomizer99 wrote:

Good morning,

Collectables Catergory.

Sorry, will be my own spelling police

Category.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

From the Autumn Seller Release - hidden in the FAQs

For Store subscribers, the free listing entitlement applies to fixed price listings, plus auctions in the Collectables category.

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promotion-basic-featured-stores

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks Helen, I'll try that! Would save a lot of hassle if they'd just state such a major proviso up front. A shame the ebay employee wasn't able to tell me that! Thanks again.
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks imastawka! They do like to hide things from us...!
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

The Collectables category is huge.

http://www.ebay.com.au/chp/collectables

If your items fall into those categories,  I would get them to call you back.

You will get a much better answer if they call you.  

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Umm, they do state it upfront, and it is clearly stated in the promo area on your summary page where the extra freebies are allocated.Woman Happy

Cheers,

Penny
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply