Ebay sticky fingers

That's not enough the sticky fingers take a fee for postage,they also allocate fee for unpaid item.I had an unpaying imbecile 

lately and noticed Ebay fee already in my account.Now I have to apply to remove that.Should't they take a fee after payment?

There is no Ebay protection against  "buying" crooks who ignore a contract.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Ebay sticky fingers

did you go through the unpaid item dispute if not how could they know it was unpaid? There is a process you need to follow!

The case has always been as soon as the item is sold you are charged.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I will go through the process.You say "sold" I believe sold is when it is paid for.It would be easy for intelligent ones to set up a

program accomodating this.They could apply a fee for shipment without any problem and the seller pays extra for nothing.

I am an occasional seller and avoid dealing with ebay as much as I can.What stops me from getting rid of them is my laziness

when it comes to going and buying goods in town.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I think the problem is buyers are still able to pay by means other than paypal eg bank deposit, cash on pick up.

Ebay can't really know when these take place and if they didn't charge a commission till sellers informed them of payment, I'm guessing they would miss out on a few fees.

What I can see coming in though is for some items that are Buy it now, the sale won't actually go through till people pay online. Rather like other online sales sites such as Catch of the Day. You can put whatever you like in your cart but it isn't yours till you pay.

So for those sorts of sales, sellers would only be charged fees for sales that were finalised.

It is a pain when a bidder doesn't pay but as someone else said, best to put in an unpaid item dispute on them, at least you will get some fees back and the trouble maker will get a strike.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Yes Ebay fees have gone to far! I just sold an item for $305, after freight and fees I was robbed of $55! JOKERS

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

PayPal is just another expence!

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

@ Harley

Good point, if you don't initiate an unpaid item dispute, eBay has no way of knowing,
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

We use the unpaid item dispute process provided by ebay.

After 3-days if a buyer fails to pay we send a gentle reminder message.

1-day later (day #4) we open an unpaid item dispute. You cannot open this dispute before the conclusion of day#4.

If they still don't pay then 4 more days later we close the case to recover our fees. You cannot close the case until 4-more days after you open it. This gives them a total of 8-days to pay -- plenty of time IMHO.

If during this process they happen to pay then all is good and we send out their purchase as normal.

Works every time.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

When someone buys something on Ebay signs a contract.Not paying is breaking that.Ebay,I believe,is responsible for finalizing

contracts.It looks they are good in grabing money only.They have no responsibility.Better to sell at local auction than with that mob.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

eBay is NOT responsible for the fulfillment of the sale contract, they simply provide a platform on which you can advertise and reach buyers. One of the tools provided by them to assist you with managing your sales is the Unpaid Item Dispute process. If you use it, you can not only recover the fees you were charged by eBay upon sale, you can also ensure that the buyer is left with a NPB strike and will not be able to habitually reneg on sales.  As a seller you have access to another tool that blocks buyers with 2 or more strikes against them within a set period from bidding on or purchasing from you in future.  Use the tools provided and you will find that not only are you never out of pocket for non-payers, but you will encounter less of them.

Of course if you choose not to use the tools provided, that's your prerogative, but you can hardly blame eBay for your choices.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply