Ebay wrongly refund a buyer

I sold a vintage motorbike horn to a buyer in France, I am in Australia, it was sent by sea mail, Australia post stipulate it takes 12 weeks for it to post to arrive from Australia to France by sea. The buyer opened a dispute  (non received item 7 weeks after purchase,) i supplied the customs declaration number , plus a copy of postage receipt. EBay decide in favour of buyer went into my account and refunded to him cost of article, plus postage. Thanks to eBay I effectively gifted him the item, plus paid the postage to do so. I contacted eBay disputing the action, they will not answer

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Ebay wrongly refund a buyer

Ebay/paypal need proof of shipping by an acceptable shipping method.....sea mail is not an acceptable shipping method.  It is too slow to comply with dispute time frames.   The fact that shipping can be proved is immaterial if an acceptable service is not used.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Spoiler

As usual buyer complains about postage being to expensive, they forget that item can be quite weighty, they want cheap postage so they request sea mail, then complain it takes to long, and get their  money back. I will not sell over seas anymore 

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Yes, the very thing, the very ideal for that led Ebay to be popular in the first place,

cheap sales for (or rather bargain hunters), ie sales that are not in bricks n mortar.

is now driving the issues

as

want cheap products but with conditions of high class malls

want cheap freight but if slow complain

and as a result

can claim for ANY reason against the sale.

With ebay automatically siding with the buyer.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply