Ebays' fraud facilitation service

I am discovering major issues with ebays policies which simply facilitate fraud to the point that they cannot even investigate because they are allowing buyers to purchase anonymously using guest checkout. I have been ripped off from buyers using the returns proccess where ebay will always side with the buyer, then they purchase again using another guest account and other than the fact they signed into the same paypal account to make payment there is no way I or ebay would know it was the same person, when they stop signing in and just use paypals guest checkout then they will be completely anonymous and allowed to scam all over ebay.

Its ridiculous how ebay gives buyers all the power and has no trust in the seller anymore regardless of their reputation, its a scammers playground now ebay has made it a whole lot easier.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Ebays' fraud facilitation service

I don't think that is correct. As a guest buyer you are not covered by ebays buyer protection. I will try to find the policy

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Other than the fact that you may not recognise the id I don't see what difference it makes it being a guest account, same would apply if they changed their user name. If you have blocked them and you find the delivery address, email address or name is the same then a phone call to ebay should have the transaction cancelled, if it doesn't I would keep calling until somebody listened

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Well spotted Harley, I had forgotten about that. Of course they could still open a Paypal dispute but the it would proceed like any other regardless of them being a guest.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I can't find the policy that mentions it though.

I think they can also register the guest account later if they do have problems which would then entitle them to ebays MBG. Perhaps that is what they are doing.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Unfortunately they are covered Harley, I attempted to mock purchase an item without being signed in and the guest checkout option shows on the US site, click on it and before I even enter any shipping details it says I am covered by ebay money back guarantee, even after stating I want it sent to Nigeria its still covered under ebays fraud facilitation guarantee.

of course you can also checkout as a guest and use a prepaid visa gift card to make payment, add a vpn and freight forwarder and ebay have made scamming oh so easy and anonymous,, well done ebay fraud has never been easier. FIX THE MAJOR HOLES IN YOUR SECUIRTY PLEASE and at least make anonymous guest checkouts ineligable for the money back guarantee.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply