Eligible for Promoted Listings

chriss0
Community Member

So promoted listings are becoming a thing. I can pay more to get more visibility for my products. Prior to promoted listings we were on an even footing apart from the store levels. The result for someone who decides not to participate in the promoted listings is now less visibility than before.

You are probably all getting the same deals as I am of late .. free promoted listings to encourage you to get into the habit of promoting your listings. What is really happening here? ebay get a certain amount of money from sellers for listing their products and now they have this system whereby they can get more money out of the sellers for trying to sell the same products. Obviously if all ebay sellers started using promoted listings, the very idea that promoted listings would have better exposure is a fallacy. ebay has pitted one seller against another.

It probably isn't a coincidence but sales have sunk for me substantially since this new free offer of promoted lisitngs. I haven't taken it up just to see if it would have any effect. I took up the prior free promoted lstings offer and sales seemed to continue as per usual. What is the experience of others here and what do you think of this idea of promoted listings?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Eligible for Promoted Listings

I don't use them. My sales are sufficient for my purposes without paying extra money to eBay. Special deals for promoted listings don't interest me either.

I sell books. People tend to search for books by title and author. There is rarely more than 1 page of results, so even with 'best' match my listings will be visible to most potential buyers.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: Eligible for Promoted Listings

If you read the fine print it seems to say that they only promote items that are already selling well, so in my opinion it's a complete waste of time (and money).
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply