Email from eBay about Product Identifiers..but not in my messages. Is it a scam?

Hi,

I received an email about some of my items still not having Product Identifiers,  although I didn't think my items needed them.

It does have my name in the email but is not in my messages.

Anyone else get one?  Could it be a scam?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Email from eBay about Product Identifiers..but not in my messages. Is it a scam?

If it is NOT also in your ebay messages, it is a scam

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Could be a scam.... don't click on any links in the message.

But to check for yourself...

Display your active listings.

You will find a tab at the top "Improve your listings..."

If any are missing product identifiers (or anything else) you will see the listings in there.

Even if your products do not require this data you still need to enter "Does Not Apply" to avoid ebay taking them down.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Thank you for the information,  I will check it out.    The email had my christian name but not my ebay id.   At the bottom it said I could check by clicking on the links below.

I'm suspicious of everything these days!

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I received the same email (for a different ID) & I thought I'd 'fixed' all this stuff a couple of months ago. Woman Frustrated

My items are handmade without brands, identifiers etc...
I fixed what was missing in TL...It appears that all the MPN's & some of the Branding was missing...

So I now have UPC etc: Does not apply, Brand:unbranded & MPN: Does not apply

I hope this fixes my missing product identifiers.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

ive recieved emails like this one. as i believe i have listed my items correctly i just ignore them. ebay will remove listings if they are actually bad. they do that for not much reason.

i just put 'does not apply' in the spot that asks for the MPN.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I feel sure the email I got was a scam as my listings are all ok.  At the bottom of the email were two links,

"Do you own an ebay store"

" I do not own an ebay store"

Deleted now.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

thats what i do with them

make it a rule, never click on any links in emails.

if ebay wants to get your attension they will do it via ebay messages.

there are new scams apearing everyday.

i'm yet to ignore an email asking me to click here to fix a problem and have that problem prove to be real.

and ive recieved prolly hundreds of emails telling me if i dont click here my world will end.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I got this message also and it was via ebay messages. I did click on the link. Hopefully not a scam because it was in my messages.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply