Established sellers please read this if you think you are not effected by new rules

OK I am a newish small seller but in my various emails to and fro' with eBay about my monies being held one of the responses I recieved was this:

Hello Dianne,

Thank you for contacting eBay about your funds availability.

I know how it is important for you to receive your funds right away. I'm happy to assist you with this.

I do apologize for the inconvenience with regards to your funds on hold via PayPal, but with regards to this one you need to wait on the given estimated funds availability on the item that you sold and this policy does not apply only to new seller but as well to all new and established seller's on eBay and about your inquiry on when your 90 days will be over as a new seller on eBay will be on Dec. 24, 2014 since you registered on Sep. 25, 2014.

With regards to releasing your payment earlier than the estimated funds availability what you can only do now is to wait when would the funds to be available since we cannot override the system for that and to set your expectations all seller's new and established seller's on the site will experience this payments hold moving forward in their future transactions and I hope that you understand that as well. We just want to make sure that everything is fine with the transaction that you had with your buyer before your funds would be available.

I appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. Thank you for choosing eBay and keep safe.

Sincerely,

Angelica P.

eBay AU Customer Service

So whilst we (new sellers) are all crying fould with the 21 day hold it appears established sellers will also be subject to new rules. Which for those who like me send many items unregistered or without tracking (the only cost effective way for some of us) the 21 day wait will become the norm or even waiting the mandatory 3 days after expected delivery date.

Some one please tell me this will not be new future when I finish jumping through all the current "hoops".

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Established sellers please read this if you think you are not effected by new rules

@goaussies1 wrote:

1. I don't like the withholding of payment. But I can understand it. It give the buyer some protection from unscrupulous sellers. Ideally the money should be paid with whatever interest is accurred. This would be neglible in most circumstances, but it woud show "good faith" by ebay.

Paypal cannot pay interest on the money held....it would be in breach of the Australian Financial Services License that they have. Paypal is only a Licensed Deposit Taking institution and cannot pay interest on the money held.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Re: Established sellers please read this if you think you are not effected by new rules

If you think that even with tracking they will release your funds before 21 days, you are deluded (no offence intended). What they say in their policy and what they actually do are two entirely different things. The only way to stop this is to lodge a complaint with the FOS. 

Even if you qualify for immediate release after Dec 24th, I would take a wild guess and say that they will still hold your funds.

Sellers have had success after they lodge a complaint. My mate even got an exemption from future holds.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

@horizon1907 wrote:

Just another point to remember. Never send an item without tracking. Good Luck in the future 🙂

Did you read the OPs original statement that said:

"Which for those who like me send many items unregistered or without tracking (the only cost effective way for some of us)"

If you post using small or large letters (because it is the only cost effective way for many small non-bulky items), then you do not have tracking. You can register the letter but that imposes around $3 more to the cost. For low value items, it is simply  not a viable solution, as sales will probably decrease if you add that $3+.

I am just so thankful I decided to stop selling on ebay after 1st November. This witholding of Paypal funds, and the stupidity of the cancellation process is enough to tear your hair out.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

We had made phone calls to both eBay and PayPal asking them to release the hold on our funds. Both of them were pointing the finger at the other saying were would need to contact the other one.
So we just lodged a case with the FOS. Within 48-hours our funds had been released. They never said our account would be exempted from future holds but so far further sales on the account in question have not had holds imposed.
Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

Terrible / lack of grammar on that CS correspondence.

Just saying.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Grammar aside, I am amazed more established sellers are not commenting..............

I have the email that states even after I am established I will still have to wait the various periods for funds to be released.

If you are not already affected then I would suggest brace yourself.

I would dearly love to be proven wrong but this may be one of the rare occaisons that I am right. (Hopefully Not!)

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

My friend, when she lists an item, there on the last page before listing is a warning that they will hold her funds for 21 days.

She has been a member since Oct 2007, but has only sold about 50 items in that time.

They are saying she hasn't got a reliable selling record - she has only positive feedback & it's not really her fault that her own artwork doesn't sell well, especially now.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

I haven't sold that much on this account.

And I've never seen that warning.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

I can't actually see my friend's notice at the moment, as she's not doing a listing or relisting at the moment.

I just tried this ID with a listing, but didn't actually list.  I can understand it being put on this ID, but not my friend's ID, considering how long she has been a member.  This ID has no connection to any other ID.

The warning (or info) is on the last page before U actually list, it has something similar on it (not quite the same as my friend's) - as seen below.

That warning doesn't come up on either of my selling IDs, of which one has only 40 positive feedbacks, maybe because that one is connected with the one with over 700 feedback.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

eBay Terms A.jpg

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply