Etsy Now Forcing Sellers To Accept Paypal - see comments under article.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Etsy Now Forcing Sellers To Accept Paypal - see comments under article.

dont worrt patsy  if you dont agree to the policy contract  dont sign it  , very simple. you dont have to sell there.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

No-one is being forced to accept Paypal at all.  Etsy has a payment system called direct checkout, which enables buyers to use their credit/debit cards and more recently Apple Pay and I think Google pay (in some countries) to pay for their purchases.  They pay Etsy direct, who then take a payment processing fee (on par with Paypal fees) and put the balance into the sellers payment account for transfer to the sellers bank account each Monday, or earlier if the seller wishes.  Etsy are simply adding Paypal as one of the options buyers can use.  Sellers do not need to have a Paypal account, the buyer pays Etsy by Paypal, Etsy pays the seller, same as with other DC payment options.  Those sellers who already accept Paypal can choose to use Etsy's integrated Paypal option, or continue to use their own PP account.  Sellers don't know how the customer paid, just that it was paid through Etsy Direct Checkout.  Purchases made using Direct Checkout regardless of the payment method are subject to Etsy Buyer/Seller protection.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

penny is correct.  Check the Etsy forums you see it is explained fully there.  Etsy offer Paypal as a form of payment through their Direct Checkout.  If you don't have Paypal then nothing changes for you except the buyer has another option to pay through Etsy.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

OP do you sell on Etsy? If not why are you even interested in the message and if you do I would think you would at least take the time to see what it would mean in the terms of advantages and disadvantages to your business model.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Why are the Etsy payment options even being discussed on the ebay boards anyway?  Haven't Etsy got some sort of a chat forum for these discussions?

I'm surprised the Mods have left the thread here as long as they have.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply