Experience with shipping an item above 2 cm in a letter :))

yyli17
Community Member

Just wondering whether anyone had posted an item height more than  2cm in  a letter please share 🙂

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Experience with shipping an item above 2 cm in a letter :))

Do you mean width?

If so, it cannot go as a large letter

Photobucket
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Probably - but I wouldn't risk it.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I've never done it deliberately, but I did once receive an underpaid mail notice for a letter that must have been too thick (I have scales and a tape measure to ensure the other dimensions are always OK). As the sender, I got a small fine plus I had to pay the difference between $3 (the amount on the parcel) and the then 500g parcel rate. If I hadn't had my return address on the letter my understanding is that the buyer would have had to pay...

Not worth it.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

No that would then be a parcel rate. if you send as a letter and get caught you or your buyer will have to pay the difference plus and additional fee.
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I once received a bulging letter, about 4cm thick, with two stamps. Seemed AP didn't care.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

About once a week we send an item that is a bit "bulgy" and goes to maybe about 2.5cm thick. We still send by large letter.

In over 12-months of doing this now neither us nor the buyer have been pinged by Aust Post for it.

So seems like they don't worry too much if its a bit over. We always have 2 or 3 stamps on them depending on the weight.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply