Fast becoming NOT worth The Effort

Just had last Months Fees In over 17% for selling and of course the POSTAGE Fee Ripoff.

SMALL Sellers are being Hammered by Ebay disgusting.

Fees as a percentage of your sales
This month's eBay sales and fees

Total monthly sales
AU $49.70

Total monthly fees
17.83%
Based on your monthly fees and credits totaling AU $8.86, your fees as percentage of your sales is 17.83%
Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Fast becoming NOT worth The Effort

@heihachi_73 wrote:

Don't worry, I have been here, just speechless at Australia Post's inability to get anything right, not to mention being stuck in the dark ages alongside the banks. Such as sending an item back to me after the person at the counter affixed a stamp which somehow managed to come off midway through postage. I wouldn't be surprised if this counts as my fault and I end up having to pay postage again and get an INR-request/negative/1-point-DSRs from the buyer who's been waiting a week already.

Did you post in a bubble bag that is plastic on the outside? I've heard a few here have issues with stamps coming off those. I think the solution is to get the stamps cancelled at the PO and then stick some strong tape over the top to try and hold them on. That said, the person at the PO who stuck them on should have known if it was stuck on something that it might peel off.

I am so lucky at my local PO, the staff there are fantastic. I have had head shaking and eye rolling moments at other PO's though. Some just don't give a toss.

Message 21 of 33
Latest reply

It was a custom-made parcel with sticky tape over it, I assume the stamp just didn't take to it. It was sent yesterday with tape placed over the stamp so it shouldn't come off this time.

Message 22 of 33
Latest reply

Also, what on earth is going on with eBay in the last ten minutes? My postage settings when I make a new listing have all gone haywire with 100 different drop-down boxes and "policies". Don't tell me that eBay is jumping on the Windows 8 bandwagon of making things as difficult to use as possible for those who really can't be bothered with a tablet.
Message 23 of 33
Latest reply

Thanks for that.  I am actually wondering though if it is worth the effort ..... reading your responses here.  I've never thought it was worth the effort to sell anything on ebay for less than $5

Message 24 of 33
Latest reply

I have found that on a few occasions also.  When I spoke with ebay (usually via on-line chat) they have told me that there was a temporary glitch that they were looking into.  So I waited an hour or so and it seemed to be fixed.

Message 25 of 33
Latest reply

@heihachi_73 wrote:

It was a custom-made parcel with sticky tape over it, I assume the stamp just didn't take to it. It was sent yesterday with tape placed over the stamp so it shouldn't come off this time.

This used to be a huge issue when stamps were being stuck on generic plastic mailer bags. it became common practice for tellers to tap over stamps and labels.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 26 of 33
Latest reply

And now the icing on the cake. The chimpanzees and/or Indian scam artists from Telstra/Windows (not to be confused with Microsoft) and/or robots running eBay have now taken down one of my listings for "copyright violation" - a 20 year old *GENUINE* Sega Mega Drive game which doesn't work. Of course, you can't reply to the message, nor is there any live chat in backwards-old eBay Australia (unlike other eBay sites). [insert seven dirty words here]

Hello heihachi_73,

After reviewing your eBay account, we've taken the following action:
- Violating listings have been removed. A list of items that were removed can be viewed at the bottom of this message.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

Due to copyright concerns, hardware, software and information that encourages or enables duplication of copy-protected material isn't allowed on eBay.

For more information go to:
http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/copyrights.html

If you have more questions, contact our policy experts:
http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=3049&=PTB1179

You listed an item that violated our "EncouragingInfringement" policy. We don't allow listings that enable, encourage, or instruct others to infringe on any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property. Items removed under this policy usually can't be listed on eBay.

Please be sure your current and future listings follow these guidelines, keeping in mind that additional violations could result in the suspension of your account.

Here are the listings that were removed:
161667209346 - Sega Mega Drive Game - Arnold Palmer Tournament Golf - **FAULTY**

We appreciate your cooperation.

Regards,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

Message 27 of 33
Latest reply

@queenslander wrote:

Just had last Months Fees In over 17% for selling and of course the POSTAGE Fee Ripoff.

SMALL Sellers are being Hammered by Ebay disgusting.

Fees as a percentage of your sales
This month's eBay sales and fees

Total monthly sales
AU $49.70

Total monthly fees
17.83%
Based on your monthly fees and credits totaling AU $8.86, your fees as percentage of your sales is 17.83%

23%.

Obviously my postage, on average, is more than the sale price. The figures are ex-postage price, btw, but include postage FVF. But if postage cost was added to the denominator I suspect the amount would be close to 9.5%. And you have to factor in any listing fees you incur.

If I felt this was excessive I would not sell here.

As Benjamin Disraeli once famously said - There are lies, damn lies and statistics.

Message 28 of 33
Latest reply

@heihachi_73 wrote:

And now the icing on the cake. The chimpanzees and/or Indian scam artists from Telstra/Windows (not to be confused with Microsoft) and/or robots running eBay have now taken down one of my listings for "copyright violation" - a 20 year old *GENUINE* Sega Mega Drive game which doesn't work. Of course, you can't reply to the message, nor is there any live chat in backwards-old eBay Australia (unlike other eBay sites). [insert seven dirty words here]

Hello heihachi_73,

After reviewing your eBay account, we've taken the following action:
- Violating listings have been removed. A list of items that were removed can be viewed at the bottom of this message.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

Due to copyright concerns, hardware, software and information that encourages or enables duplication of copy-protected material isn't allowed on eBay.

For more information go to:
http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/copyrights.html

If you have more questions, contact our policy experts:
http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=3049&=PTB1179

You listed an item that violated our "EncouragingInfringement" policy. We don't allow listings that enable, encourage, or instruct others to infringe on any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property. Items removed under this policy usually can't be listed on eBay.

Please be sure your current and future listings follow these guidelines, keeping in mind that additional violations could result in the suspension of your account.

Here are the listings that were removed:
161667209346 - Sega Mega Drive Game - Arnold Palmer Tournament Golf - **FAULTY**

We appreciate your cooperation.

Regards,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

Maybe they are Christians?

FYI eBay's call centre, at least, is in Manila.

If you use the same attitude in your listings as you do on this board it's probably a blessing. Not paying all those fees to have diatribes continually not sell should be a nett benefit.

Message 29 of 33
Latest reply

I hope the returned parcel wasn't the one listed for $1 with $7.50 postage. As it is you will be paying out of your pocket for that one, without having to double up on postage.

Message 30 of 33
Latest reply